View Poll Results: Do you use PreLoad for your primary source of ringtones?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 20.55%
  • No

15 20.55%
  • What is PreLoad?

43 58.90%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I would like to the theme music for Michael Myers from the Halloween movies for my ringtone.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I was part of the surveyed majority that said "What is PreLoad?"...yet it still hasn't been explained! lol what gives?? share the wealth!
    Quote Originally Posted by degoluce View Post
    I was part of the surveyed majority that said "What is PreLoad?"...yet it still hasn't been explained! lol what gives?? share the wealth!
    PreLoad is a program like FileCoaster designed to draw from their own apps catalog that currently has one app.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/11/2009 at 03:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Ringtone request: The opening credits song for the old cartoon "Doug" which used to be on Nickelodeon! Ring a bell? Good luck!
    OH BTW I checked out PreLoad and it's awesome! Thanks for all your work KJ! Donated some bux to pimpmypre.com.
    Last edited by degoluce; 08/11/2009 at 10:14 AM. Reason: forgot to mention...
  5. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjain View Post
    Here is the louder Life is a Highway:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Zedge wouldnt let me upload it b/c of copyright. Enjoy!

BTW: Can you please specify which Danger Zone, I know of a few, and want to be sure. (I'm guessing top gun though)
    Yup it is! Top Gun is my dad's favorite movie. So that's the ringer when the 'rents call and I never hear it. I like the beginning where it first goes into highway to the danger zone...or when it gets loud and does the chorus.

THANK YOU!!!!
  6.    #26  
    np. sorry for the late response. I will have your stuff ready by this evening hopefully.

BTW: I will still do you guys the favor, but if you read the first point, i said EFFECTS ONLY...not regular ringtones, but ringtones with special effects. I will post an example.
  7. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Yea I violated it. Sorry!
  8.    #28  
    @everyone - PreLoad now has about 2000 songs and 2000 ringtones! Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    Yup it is! Top Gun is my dad's favorite movie. So that's the ringer when the 'rents call and I never hear it. I like the beginning where it first goes into highway to the danger zone...or when it gets loud and does the chorus.

THANK YOU!!!!
    @ame - No prob. Atleast you asked for some "sound effect" (making it louder)

sorry for the lateness, here is Danger Zone. I hope it is the right one.

Danger Zone
    Last edited by kingjain; 08/12/2009 at 02:18 PM.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    PreLoad is a program like FileCoaster designed to draw from their own apps catalog that currently has one app.

- Craig

Not only apps though....you also can get thousands of ringtones/wallpapers!
    Last edited by kingjain; 08/12/2009 at 11:07 AM.
  10.    #30  
    Ringtone request: The opening credits song for the old cartoon "Doug" which used to be on Nickelodeon! Ring a bell? Good luck!
    OH BTW I checked out PreLoad and it's awesome! Thanks for all your work KJ! Donated some bux to pimpmypre.com.
    Again, sorry for being late. Here is the theme from Doug, I made it a bit louder as well. Next time, ringtones that require editing only please!

Doug - Theme
    Last edited by kingjain; 08/12/2009 at 02:17 PM.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by areyes163 View Post
    I would like to the theme music for Michael Myers from the Halloween movies for my ringtone.
    Here it is, sorry for the late response! Enjoy, but please ringtones that you need edited only next time!

Halloween
    Last edited by kingjain; 08/12/2009 at 02:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post

- Craig
    Actually, PreLoad is designed to give Pre users access to everything - wallpapers, sounds, ringtones, apps and a simple place to chat. It gives people control over what folders things get downloaded to too. We feel it gives a lot of control to users and easy access to many items, not just apps.

It is also (in the next version) set up to allow the addition of repositories from any standard application feed.

It was not designed to put out just our own apps, of which only 1 is currently released (other than PreLoad). It is a repository app, much like the repository apps for the iPhone. I would hope as a mod for Pre Central you were aware that we have emailed and asked about standard feeds, with little response - but I know you guys are busy. How many apps has Pre Central made (not your users - Pre Central), just out of curiosity? Not being ****ty - just showing how we're all busy with forums, users, updates and we're still producing apps ourselves.

We are currently making more apps, which we will put in PreLoad AND send out on a feed for any app that accepts feeds can add. We feel it's a community, not a competition. Not saying you don't feel the same way; just expressing how we feel.

We're also working on letting developers view stats on their applications and updates, so they have an idea how they are accepted by the public. We will also have comments and ratings built in to the app, giving developers even more feedback. Plus there's more I'm not ready to release yet.

Our repo grows every day and the app is being so well used that we're about to surpass 60 Gigs of bandwidth this month alone. We keep receiving more and more items to put in the repo every day as well.

If you guys haven't checked it out, maybe you should! It makes adding cool stuff to your Pre much easier!
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    Pete Rock & CL Smooth "They Reminisce Over You"

I heard a version that sounded like it was midi and just the beginning of the song (just the horns... think early 90's ringtones) I could never find it... Would LOVE to have it
  14. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts

@ame - no prob. Atleast you asked for some "sound effect" (making it louder) :d

sorry for the lateness, here is danger zone. I hope it is the right one.

rapidshare: 1-click web hosting - easy filehosting
    thank you!!!
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    Pete Rock & CL Smooth "They Reminisce Over You"

I heard a version that sounded like it was midi and just the beginning of the song (just the horns... think early 90's ringtones) I could never find it... Would LOVE to have it
    I hope this is what you are looking for. I got the original instrumental, and cut the rest of it off. Made it louder, and flangered out the end. I like it, might use it myself

They Reminisce
    Last edited by kingjain; 08/12/2009 at 02:17 PM.
    Precentral.net should allow access to the HB apps feed just like Filecoaster has.
    As you mentioned, it is a community. But I understand if they don't...

It would be cool if you guys could combine these apps somehow. One stop shopping! ii

PreLoad has access to wallpapers and ringtones, a very cool service, thanks!
    PMP can you work with the developer of switcharoo, Boydell, (http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...switching.html) to allow access to the wallpapers?
    That would allow random wallpapers to be seen on the Pre automatically pulled down from your vast collection.

I just use both apps!
    Last edited by Paladin; 08/12/2009 at 02:23 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Again, sorry for being late. Here is the theme from Doug, I made it a bit louder as well. Next time, ringtones that require editing only please!

Doug - Theme
    Thank you. My favorite alert sound from you is the empty soda can dropping, because it's organic and can blend into the environment you're in. Not a specific request, but a general request for more organic sounds. Thanks again for the doug song
    I just made play me off keyboard cat my ringtone
  19.    #39  
    Thank you. My favorite alert sound from you is the empty soda can dropping, because it's organic and can blend into the environment you're in. Not a specific request, but a general request for more organic sounds. Thanks again for the doug song
    There are actually a whole lot more of those sounds. It is just hard to see, currently, but there will be better browsing in the next Preload update, i presume.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    I just made play me off keyboard cat my ringtone
    niccee
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast