1.    #1  
    I bought a Pre on launch day and returned it shortly after because of non-SSL ActiveSync support and poor signal quality in my home.

I've since seen that the non-SSL has been addressed in an update but wondering if anyone has noticed improved signal with the latest updates?

I'd like to give the Pre another shot but want to make sure I can at least get, and keep, a good signal with it. Thanks in advance!
    Brandon
    I'm still dropping calls like crazy in my house. Putting together a list of things wrong with the phone/service and going over to Sprint this week to hash out.
    -Cathy
  3.    #3  
    Hmmm...that's a bummer. I know I could get a signal booster for the house. Might stop by Sprint and check things out.
    Brandon
    i havent had any dropped call experiences with the pre yet...and i have had it since june 8th. maybe sprint can solve that issue
    I'm still getting a lot of dropped calls at work and home. Wasn't much of a problem with the Treo.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Call up Sprint and tell them that you've had signal problems since you got your new phone and if they can't fix it you'll need to leave in search of a company that can give you a better signal. They'll send you the air rave free and credit you the $5 monthly charge. Net to you is $0 out of your pocket and a better signal.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have had mine since June 6th and have not dropped a call yet. I seem to get a better signal than my wifes Samsung and it does better than my previous Sanyo.
    Quote Originally Posted by btrotta View Post
    Call up Sprint and tell them that you've had signal problems since you got your new phone and if they can't fix it you'll need to leave in search of a company that can give you a better signal. They'll send you the air rave free and credit you the $5 monthly charge. Net to you is $0 out of your pocket and a better signal.
    Don't count on the $5/month credit. I got the free Airave but am having to pay the $4.99 for the use of it.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Sprint gave me the Airave when i threatened to yank my six phones off of Sprint. Then they told me they are waiving all monthly fee's!! They said I will see the charge followed by a credit each month. Got it today and it works like a dream come true! Full bars everywhere in my house. Up, down in and out.
    Virtually no signal before even with a Zboost repeater. ($399 wasted bucks). But I think the Pre still needs it's reception tuned up with a software fix.