Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Isn't this thing supposed to open all the types of files that are supposed to work in doc view and pdf view? And what about WAVs and WMVs etc. It seems almost totally random as to what does and does not open as an email attachment and I am running at about 30%. Not too good.
    Last edited by hdhuntr; 08/10/2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue. I finally setup exchange on my Pre and some word and excel attachments open and some say "cannot find an application which will open this file" its frustrating. Hope palm can fix this soon
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I guess this is just you and me melo. I am just refreshing the thread here.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    At least you guys are getting the attachments. For me, 9 out of 10 emails I receive that SHOULD have attachments don't when viewed on my Pre.

What I've found is that if the Pre recognizes a file type it will download the attachment, but if it doesn't... it won't. The problem is that when I get an email with multiple attachments and even one of those attachments isn't recognized, then I get NONE of the attachments. I'm not happy with this at all.

If I'm doing something wrong, please tell me what setting I need to change to get the pre to download all attachments even if I can't open them on the phone. I can worry about that part later...
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I always at least got them. And since I started this thread I got WebOSQuickInstall and some stuff with it and I think it may have solved that problem. I have not noticed it lately. It comes with some other tweaks as well. Might want to check it out...
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Well...Researched and ended up finding my own thread. Now it doesn't see an application that will open xls files...any ideas?