Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It's been two months, any issues using Centro batteries yet?
    Great.... Have not had any problems at all! They hold charge just as long os the Pre batteries as well.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I use my centro batteries as backup batteries... I don't charge them in the Pre... I charge in either my 800w or Centro - no issues yet.
    Works great, dont believe the FUD!
    Any of you charging them with your Pre?
    I thought it would be great having the second battery but my Pre lasts all day (or most of the day on days I decide to listen to music). In any case, I've got chargers strategically located (home, office desk, car). So my Centro battery has become pretty useless.
    They still work perfectly. Exactly the same as the Pre batteries. Sorry to disappoint.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  8.    #8  
    Not disappointing. I'm glad to hear it. I have two Centro batteries sitting waiting to be used.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkAv8r View Post
    I use my centro batteries as backup batteries... I don't charge them in the Pre... I charge in either my 800w or Centro - no issues yet.
    Me too. No problems.

My son busted his Centro LCD a few months ago and got an Instinct. I kept his phone, and it is now a spare charger for my batteries.
    Have any of you charged that Centro battery in the Pre... via Touchstone?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I do all the time, and no problems to date... knock on wood!
    Quote Originally Posted by rmackay View Post
    I do all the time, and no problems to date... knock on wood!
    Are you responding to me or the o.p.?
    I have an external battery charger and thats how I charge my batteries mainly, however, I have occasionally charge the phone via the USB adapter. So far So Good! These batteries are the exact same.... See my post from when this first was brought up. -->
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...y-working.html see post #63 on page 4

The specs are exactly the same when comparing the mV via ##debug#
    No problems here either. Touchstone or directly with the pre.
    where can i get this battery from seido or whatever anyone make a 1700 mah? so i dont have to get a thicker back? links anyone? please.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Have any of you charged that Centro battery in the Pre... via Touchstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    Any of you charging them with your Pre?
    Of course, why wouldnt you? They are the exact same thing. Charge them just like you would charge the Pre battery USB, AC, touchstone, external charger... whatever. They are exactly the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Of course, why wouldnt you? They are the exact same thing. Charge them just like you would charge the Pre battery USB, AC, touchstone, external charger... whatever. They are exactly the same.
    1) I didn't ask I'd you would. I was asking if anyone did. Now I know. Thank you.

2) Not everyone agrees that they're exactly the same. That's partially why this thread of-interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    1) I didn't ask I'd you would. I was asking if anyone did. Now I know. Thank you.

2) Not everyone agrees that they're exactly the same. That's partially why this thread of-interest.
    This topic has been beaten to death. The fact that they are functionally identical should be quite clear by now.
    where can i get a 1700 mah centro battery?!?! any links peoples?
    I use the seidio ext battery made for the centro. Absolutely no problems. Charge with oem wall adapter, sprint car chager, generic wall charger, and touchstones. working great!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast