Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks OP for starting this thread, I've been looking into getting a second battery and its good to know I don't have to worry about the Centro batteries screwing up my phone.
    where can i get a 1700 mah centro battery!??? can someone give me a link?!? this is the third time i have asked! a little help please anyone for the love of god?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo101 View Post
    where can i get a 1700 mah centro battery!??? can someone give me a link?!? this is the third time i have asked! a little help please anyone for the love of god?
    There's a site called google.com. You can find all kinds of things there.

OEM NEW PALM BATTERY TREO CENTRO 690 680 800 800w TREO CENTRO 690 680:Amazon:Cell Phones & Service

All I did was go to amazon and type "centro battery." whether you are a nub or not you could have done that. Or try ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by wingerdinger View Post
    OEM NEW PALM BATTERY TREO CENTRO 690 680 800 800w TREO CENTRO 690 680:Amazon:Cell Phones & Service

All I did was go to amazon and type "centro battery." whether you are a nub or not you could have done that. Or try ebay.
    NEVERMIND YOU TWO ARE THE NUBS MAN I WAS JUST SAYING! that link blows im looking for something specific i found centro battery like i had said but im looking for 1700 mah centro battery if it even exists!? your lamer then the first guy!!! i didnt want a link to oem centro battery!!?! you try to help then say that i should have don it my self?!! wtf is up with nubs in this forum?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo101 View Post
    Perhaps you could start with wherever or whomever told you that such a battery exists for the Centro...or did you just assume one exists because of the availability of such a capacity on other platforms?

If you searched Google, Amazon, eBay, and other on-line options, and could not find any reference to it, I doubt it exists.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Too many exclamation marks... Hurts my eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Too many exclamation marks... Hurts my eyes
    yeah i know force of habit!
    Wholly smokes did this post go south and never recovered.
    To bring things back on topic....

So there seems to be no ill affect from using a Palm-branded Centro battery on the Pre. This was after user testing since the Pre launch...correct?
    Getting back on topic, it would seem that anecdotal evidence suggests that there is nothing wrong with using Centro batteries in the Pre, despite what Palm says.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Wholly smokes did this post go south and never recovered.
    To bring things back on topic....

So there seems to be no ill affect from using a Palm-branded Centro battery on the Pre. This was after user testing since the Pre launch...correct?
    Haha! I was thinking the same thing about the batteries. You just beat me to the punch.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

goodnight thread.

....Thread re-opened despite my better judgment. Keep it on topic and take any direct off topic stuff to private messaging, please.
    Two months is too short of time. I will take 4 to 6 months to show effects, if any. All the Centro battery will do is burn out your Pre faster, because the Pre won't go into sleep mode. It just puts more stress on you Pre. Everything will work fine until the Pre just burns out. Talk to me in 4 more months.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    Two months is too short of time. I will take 4 to 6 months to show effects, if any. All the Centro battery will do is burn out your Pre faster, because the Pre won't go into sleep mode. ....
    Huh?? Are you saying that the Pre doesn't go into sleep mode if you are using a Centro battery??? Is this true?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Huh?? Are you saying that the Pre doesn't go into sleep mode if you are using a Centro battery??? Is this true?
    Update please
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    My 2 centro batteries are still working fine. I forget which ones I have in the phone sometimes,
    1 Pre plus 3 Centro batteries get me through day long Pandora sessions away from a charger. Can't tell the difference since Pre Release day.
    Two months is too short of time. I will take 4 to 6 months to show effects, if any. All the Centro battery will do is burn out your Pre faster, because the Pre won't go into sleep mode. It just puts more stress on you Pre. Everything will work fine until the Pre just burns out. Talk to me in 4 more months.
    you the man ha ha ha @ Dieter Bohn

is this true or even good for the phone??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Who said it won't go to sleep mode?
    If sleep mode is when the screen/wifi turns off after being inactive then Centro batteries work exactly the same.
    Remind us to talk to you in 4 months and we'll see.
    My Pre battery will probably outlast yours as it is being rotated out of usage more often (not being drained as much).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12