webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Using the Pre with Ford Sync
Using the Pre with Ford Sync

Old 08/10/2009, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

I have a Ford Fusion with Sync. Whenever I'm in the car and get an incoming call, it goes into "Privacy Mode" when I answer. It rings over the system, but as soon as I answer, it goes directly into privacy mode. I've played around with it and can't figure out why it's happening. I had lots of other troubles with my old Treo 700P and Sync, but not this one.

Also, when I make an outgoing call, it works perfectly. It's INCOMING calls when this happens.

Anybody got any suggestions?
av1atrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2009, 09:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

Man, I wish I could just get a Sync system installed in my vehicle (07 Mazda CX-9)!!

Sorry I cant answer your question.
BMIC50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2009, 09:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Are you answering with the phone or the controls on the car. I know with my BT headset if I press the answer button on the phone it sometimes only goes through the phone, and I have to select the headsey with he drop down in the phone app. If you aren't already try using the answer button on the car.
sraatc17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2009, 11:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

aside from this issue, how do you like the pre with sync? I'm looking at getting a car with it but i'd like to know what features it would add (working with the pre)
LinT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/11/2009, 09:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

I really like the Sync system. It works well, except for this weird issue with privacy mode. I usually answer the phone by touching it, so I'm going to give it a shot answering with the button on the steering wheel and see if it helps. My favorite thing about Pre+Sync is streaming Pandora on it. The sound quality is good and I LOVE Pandora. It's like having XM for free. I could never get my Treo to stream, so I'm using that feature a lot now.

People who call me can tell something's different, but it's not hard to understand me, and I hear them just fine.
av1atrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/12/2009, 09:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

Well did it work? I don't have a ford but am curious as to the solution to your problem.
sraatc17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/12/2009, 02:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

I have the SYNC on my Flex and I dont have any problems. With my Edge when i picked up and it was in private mode, I would just hit the screen with Private mode and it would work.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0