1.    #1  
    First off, this website is amazing. It's become a must-visit-daily read for me.
    And I get a kick that there are others like me out there who love their Pre!

I've had mine for about 3 weeks or so. And I am ADDICTED! It has made my life definitely much easier and FUN! I too like many out there wanted an iphone. Did I want to leave Sprint, whom I've been with for over 10 years? Was the iphone worth it? In the end, AT&T was the deal breaker for me.
    I couldn't see myself giving them my money.

But man, I am so happy with my phone. Haven't had a single lock up or any sort of weird glitches. And at social events, people wanna check it out. I know of one couple who are leaving AT&T for the Pre. Now when I look at the iphone in person, just speaking design wise, Pre is so much sleeker & sexier...

The combination of avatar and thread title are a bit disturbing.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    maybe you're a little too excited? :P
    I think Pre Rocks and after last weeks Dev conferences I'm even more inspired.

Glad someone else is as excited as I am! Sorli...
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    +1 too every last word. Depending on how you use it of course, it can simplify your life while increasing productivity. In short it adds to quality of life That may be an overstatement for some but its true for me. Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm.
    I also am addicted to my pre, but what exites me the most is the fact that this is only the beginning, we are awaiting the explosion of the app catalog and things like flash 10 very very soon so its all uphill from here woohoo
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by degoluce View Post
    +1 too every last word. Depending on how you use it of course, it can simplify your life while increasing productivity. In short it adds to quality of life That may be an overstatement for some but its true for me. Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm.
    Absolutely agree with your statement. 'Quality of life.' I like that.

Mike20PR,
    I am so patient in this department. The phone has already done a lot for me and I know they will be constantly updating it so I have no problem waiting.
    It will only get better.

Again, glad there are other Pre lovers out there.
    +1 to this as well...I even had the oreo issue and had to exchange (new one is much better, near perfect!) but that still doesn't change the fact that I love the phone! Congrats for not switching and making a big mistake!
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    The combination of avatar and thread title are a bit disturbing.
    I kind of like it. I'll be in my bunk. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    I'm quite happy too, especially since rooting and installing homebrew apps! If nothing else, I've had a blast just playing with code and customizing the phone. I haven't had any phone that's nearly as easy to customize as the Pre.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    I kind of like it. I'll be in my bunk. ii
    bwhahah. Well, I personally love it and I think that's all it matters!
    There will always be M haters/non-fans but I can respect that!

RickNeff,
    I too would like to try those awesome homebrews but I am scared I will mess something up and ruin my Pre. Not the most tech person when it comes to programming and etc. Unless there was a A-Z step by step directions with pictures showing me how. lol.
    Just waiting patiently for the official app store to carry more apps!
    It is easy to install HB man. I will help you through it but first take a look at this thread.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ll-v1-0-a.html

It does not get much easier that. Though I do not install mine that way. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    I've had my Pre since 6/6 and I still am having fun with it....one of my favorite gadgets that I've picked up in quite some time. Coming from the 650 it just does soooo much more and sooooo much quicker. I to have stayed away from the "homebrew apps" as whenever I try to tweek a gadget a little more I end up f*#@ing it up. So, I'll be patient and just wait for the apps to hit!

I too would like to try those awesome homebrews but I am scared I will mess something up and ruin my Pre.
    If you're really worried about messing up your actual Pre, I'd strongly recommend first downloading VirtualBox and the WebOS SDK. Then, play with rooting the emulator and customizing things in a virtual environment. When you get comfortable, then move the working on the actual device.

I'd offer help, but I'm pretty familiar with Linux/Unix, so I'm not sure I'd be much help. I'm likely to just start rattling off commands and other jargon. Fortunately, the forums here have some great tutorials on rooting and working with homebrew apps.
  15.    #15  
    Wow, that's really nice of you. And I will take on your offer and try the homebrew apps, at the end of this month. Giving the 'official' store just a few more weeks before I delve into this thing. But, thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Re-InventedB View Post
    Now when I look at the iphone in person, just speaking design wise, Pre is so much sleeker & sexier...

When I saw the Pre for the first time in person, I thought the same thing. It is definitely much sexier than the iPhone and I even like the smaller screen size.
    Also, I really can't recommend this wiki site enough: WebOS Internals Specifically, the Getting Started area.

Sorry, I didn't post these as hyperlinks, but apparently I don't have enough posts. (yet)
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Alright, can't hide my excitement for my Pre!
    Gross, man, put that thing away!
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Wow, that's really nice of you. And I will take on your offer and try the homebrew apps, at the end of this month. Giving the 'official' store just a few more weeks before I delve into this thing. But, thank you!
    You have GOT to install FileCoaster and install some apps! It is SICK! You shake it to clear the field for the URL to download then you shake it again and it pastes the last one you copied! DUDE! How cool is that ?!?!? I was installing and re-installing things just because I looked cool doing it!!

Who needs the Palm App Store? The Homebrew Gallery is much slicker! Besides, how many of the apps do people actually use rather than just collect because they are available?

ENJOY your new toy!!

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry