1.    #1  
    I am using the My Tether app with my computer, i had it on for like 10 - 15 min and the phone was insanely hot, to the point where you couldn't touch the bottom back portion with out it hurting. This is my 2nd Pre and I have noticed it being hotter than my first one. Could this be a problem with one of the radios? Or do your phones get hot also from using tethering
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    I am using the My Tether app with my computer, i had it on for like 10 - 15 min and the phone was insanely hot, to the point where you couldn't touch the bottom back portion with out it hurting. This is my 2nd Pre and I have noticed it being hotter than my first one. Could this be a problem with one of the radios? Or do your phones get hot also from using tethering
    same here...my pre gets hot as hell when wifi tethering...i asked aonic about it and he said that some pre's do and some don't get hot and i asked him if its normal and he said yes so we'll c
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Yeah, it's like it's a little computer or something, but without the fan. LOL Isn't it funny how everyone wants their phone to be as fast as their laptop, but then can't understand why it gets hot?
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    Yeah, it's like it's a little computer or something, but without the fan. LOL Isn't it funny how everyone wants their phone to be as fast as their laptop, but then can't understand why it gets hot?

Well, its far from being even close to the speed of a laptop. Also it has nothing to do with not understanding. The device got hotter than its ever been, to the point where it hurts your hand. I was just wondering if this was a normal thing, since my 1st pre did seem to run a lot cooler than this one does.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Just be thankful it doesn't stop charging when it gets hot... Many people had that issue with the HTC Touch Pro when using anything that would demand alot of resources such as tethering.

This is their solution...

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

<I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

I found that if I turn the screen brightness all the way down it helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by nizerims View Post
    I found that if I turn the screen brightness all the way down it helps.
    there's a feature in the 2.0.1 mytether that allows u to turn off the lcd without putting the fone to sleep and it still gets hot
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    LOL i700plus That's such a ghetto setup.. But the phone in the fridge idea is genius.
    Oh my god. I cant stop laughing. This is funny. Made my day .

Quote Originally Posted by i700plus View Post
    Just be thankful it doesn't stop charging when it gets hot... Many people had that issue with the HTC Touch Pro when using anything that would demand alot of resources such as tethering.

This is their solution...

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Mine has been warm, but never so hot I couldnt touch it. Thats with tethering on for about 20-30min
    If my post helped you, Please Thanks Me !
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I thought mine was catching on fire, i moved to the middle of nowhere and our internet isnt installed so i have been tethering playing xbox live, its really cool but i need something to cool it
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Hot? Yes. Painful or untouchable? No. That's after about 40min. I'm just ecstatic I can tether at all!
    Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    Well, its far from being even close to the speed of a laptop.
    Bull. Try running a laptop CPU at 600-800mhz without a heatsink or fan and tell me that. I've been building PCs for years and I used to fire machines up before mounting the heatsink/fan just for a minute to see if they powered up.

Well...one day CPUs got fast enough that I tried that trick and it immediately fried the second I turned it on.

Running the radio like that will always make a phone hot as will running the CPU. Every phone I ever had got hot when tethering and even moreso when you figure most people charge while tethering to keep power levels up. On my Touch Pro I didn't do that fan trick but using it to provide a connection to my laptop while on long road trips I always kept the slider open to help cool it.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    LOL at the fridge above!
    how about going a little bit further..nerdier

USB Geek, Your USB Solution!!
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Mine heats up too much on charging