1.    #1  
    everytime i plug my pre into my hp laptop it says windows needs to install driver software for your novacom linux. what do i do?
    You must have developer mode turned on and it is looking for communication from the computer. Novacom has nothing to do with normal Pre features, but only exists as a medium from the PC to Pre. The usual USB drive, Media Sync, and Just Charge should be Plug n' Play.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    To turn developer mode off, from the home screen type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart, and "magically" an icon will pop up called "developer mode". click that, then switch it to off. After your pre resets, you should no longer have the problem you described.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by catonsandoval View Post
    everytime i plug my pre into my hp laptop it says windows needs to install driver software for your novacom linux. what do i do?

Mine does the same thing..and I'm trying to download the homebrew app stuff but i can't seem to get to the next step because my computer doesn't recognize my device so idk what to do...its very frustrating... any help anyone??
    Quote Originally Posted by a4pre View Post
    Mine does the same thing..and I'm trying to download the homebrew app stuff but i can't seem to get to the next step because my computer doesn't recognize my device so idk what to do...its very frustrating... any help anyone??
    If you want to download homebrew apps, then just use this method:
    http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps

Requires no rooting either.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a4pre View Post
    Mine does the same thing (needs to install novacom linux drivers)..and I'm trying to download the homebrew app stuff but i can't seem to get to the next step because my computer doesn't recognize my device so idk what to do...its very frustrating... any help anyone??
    Are you running Vista 64 bit or Windows 7? I am, and I was having the same problem you described until I followed the instructions below [follow the link]. (Note: these are instructions for installing webOSquickInstall on a 64 bit OS. After webOSquickInstall, use it to put FileCoaster on your pre)

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html