View Poll Results: Would you rather have the cards in card view smaller and more of them?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, more cards viewable in card view would be great.

13 10.57%
  • No, I like the large cards in card view.

49 39.84%
  • Maybe, I'd rather have the option to choose myself.

61 49.59%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I was playing around with the card view and its actually kind of a hassle to flip back and find the card you want. What do you think of the pictures below?

Would you rather have more cards on the screen?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hmmm..... Very interesting! Actually loooks like it would be more practical like that. But..... How will I be able to go "bing,bing,bing"?? Lol
    They already built in the zoom out feature where you can see 3 full cards and the edges of 2 more on one screen. When in card view, just tap anywhere outside of the card, and it'll zoom out. 3.5 cards at once is plenty for me.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I was playing around with the card view and its actually kind of a hassle to flip back and find the card you want. What do you think of the pictures below?

Would you rather have more cards on the screen?
    So double tab outside of the cards and look at the small versions instead

I use card view when I need to see details on one page/act on another.. handy for that to have the larger card.
    -mark
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    That last image is convincing though.
    If the Palm Pre can do that, I can see people realizing how capable the Palm Pre is to multitasking.

Right now I think it's hard for the average consumer to grasp the idea of the card view.
    If there was a view like the one in the last picture, then people could realize "ohh, i can multitask like i do on my computer".
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I agree, looks intriguing. Then I thought, how do you swipe off a card on the bottom row? You'd also have to alter the swipe functionality somehow.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I'd definitely like to have the option to change to a tile view. Very cool idea.
    Maybe it's my "over 45" eyes, but I think the smaller cards would make it hard for me to recognize which card is which.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    I agree, looks intriguing. Then I thought, how do you swipe off a card on the bottom row? You'd also have to alter the swipe functionality somehow.
    I don't think this would be a problem, i think you'd just pick which one you want to close and swipe to get rid of it.

Looks like its about split. would be nice if we at least had the option to choose which one we use.
    I'm all for Palm giving us more options.
    i like
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Its good for me, if I need more, I just minimize the cards. I like the simplicity of the one card line and not keep my screen busy.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    fine as is.
    i like it!!
    Even though the current setup is very nice, your proposed pics could be a welcomed evolution to Palm's multitasking.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Yep, options are fine but "as is" is great for me. Simple and easy to use metaphor for a small mobile device. I can use my Palm Pre in one hand much better than any other small device (including the iPhone.) Multiple cards on the screen would seem to complicate the UI for me.
    yes I like this I would love to be able to do that
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
    I like it, i would certanly use this...
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    It would be great if there were an option to see all the cards a la OSX Expose.
    I would like to have the option but considering half the time I get the error message with only two or three cards open it is largely a moot point.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast