Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am loving the 15 Puzzle game!

I have seen these before but never picked one up.

It took me a while to get the hang of it the first time. Then it shows that it keeps score! So I had to see how good I could do!

I got 222, 168, 122, then 116, and now 112...

I love the click sound the pieces make with you move them and the fact that I can slide them or just tap them.

How is everyone else doing?

To take a screenshot of your high score, just press <Orange-<Shift>-<P>.

And to our developer, roar, nice work! Roar's apps include:
    Comics
    Translator
    Snake
    Currency Converter
    15 Puzzle

Way to go roar!

- Craig
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Can teach me how to solve it period? I can get pretty far, but then I get stuck.
    Milominderbinder: it seems you're using the older version (at least your screenshot is from one), in the new version you can add you to the highscores if you finish the game.
  4.    #4  
    Roar,

I have not been able to hit 112 again since the version change!

- Craig
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch2k12 View Post
    Can teach me how to solve it period? I can get pretty far, but then I get stuck.
    Here are two solutions with diagrams:
    This and That
    Chess and Poker

- Craig
  6.    #6  
    Here is a good video solution:

- Craig
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    I have now hit 108 several times. Has anyone done better than 108?

- Craig
    I haven't even been able to finish this game once!!! I'm hoping that watching the what sounds like a 6 & 8 year old finishing it will help me...
    Here you go.

140 is my lowest ....
    96, first night playing it. I wish it ran just a little faster. Feels sluggish so I end up hitting some tiles a second time, then it bounces back and forth and I have to hit it a third time to put it where I originally wanted it. Frustrating when you're going for a low score. It would also be nice if there were a timed score in addition to a count. Fun!

"The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Hit an all time low of 84 recently.
    Attached are the images of the low scores and the version.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Here's my high score... 90 steps.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    84... who can beat that?!?
    94 my lowest
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    84... who can beat that?!?
    You...you...you...you're one of the those photoshop people!

No one can hit 84!

- Craig
    In the old DOS days I wrote a version of this game. In the process of testing I figured out how to beat it. Its very simple. Its a rotational thing. All you are doing is rotating from left to right and putting the pieces in order. I just watched the you tube video as in most things his method works but not w/ the shortest amount of moves. I read the chess link & if what they say is true, that rule wise you are not suppose to move a number that is already in the correct place - than I've been playing wrong for years & that actually does make it harder to solve.

Neither method is what I'm talking about so let me be a bit verbose.

1. Move the numbers as close to position as possible.
    2. Now if you have 1 & 2 in poss & you need 3. Just rotate 1 then 2 to the left on the second row until 3 can pop into place & then rotate everything back & go get 4.

Once you get the hang of it you can start to do multiple numbers at the same time.

When I was a kid I couldn't figure this game out to save my life. I used to pop all the pieces out & put them back in - you know CHEAT. So when I was smarter I was obsessed with programming one for the computer. Funny thing you don't have to know how to solve it in order to write a software program to play it. Anyway long story - maybe only funny to me.

Let me know if you need help. Since learning this method I have never lost.
    Last edited by startagl; 08/29/2009 at 09:27 AM.
  18.    #18  
    Wat is your best score?

- Craig
    Got you all beat...........58!!!!!!!! don't know how to post the pic.I can send you my screen shot somebody?and you can post it for me
    My best to date is 108. Just a thought unless we can all play the same board we really can't compare scores. If we could load a board by number & than say I got 98 on board 563 than we could compare, otherwise it is a crap shoot.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast