Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sweat View Post
    What's the best way to handle wifi? Keep it off when not using a wifi network or always on?
    turn off wifi when u dont use it...turn it on at home or work if u have it...and turn off bluetooth if u dont use it and turn it on when u do use it
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I know this was already suggested but turning off GPS when it isn't needed increased my battery life significantly. In fact, I just started testing this yesterday. I couldn't understand why a phone that wouldn't be used would still drain rather quickly (to the point where it would drain down to 0 by lunchtime.

I have the 1350ma Seidio battery. It will charge with the Touchstone.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    OH!
    And turn off AIM services. Google talk, etc.

That's one of the biggest battery drainers.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I've never used the AIM services on my phone.

I noticed on the train this morning that the battery was down to 95% 35 minutes after being pulled off the charger. I did have a card for Evernote opened and wifi on, so that may have contributed to the drain.

I did a reset last night and fully charged the battery, so we'll see how the battery holds up. Shutting off Bluetooth is not really something I want to do, nor should I have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweat View Post
    What's the best way to handle wifi? Keep it off when not using a wifi network or always on?
    sweat> i only use wifi if i have low signal as low signal kills battery because it is searching so much. as for your use i would turn wifi on only if you really need it or if you know your going to be using internet or web based apps for a while. i wouldnt keep it on all the time though. same goes for bluetooth. did you do the partial erase? is your battery any better?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12