1.    #1  
    i've been using the messaging function wonderfully for a couple months. all the chats are saved by the contact name, etc. . . you know how that works.

well, i decided to delete all the chats, one contact at a time (not one message at a time - that'd take far too long!) now, when i receive a chat, it is no longer saved by contact name under "conversations". it's not being saved anywhere! except...

when i send a message to, let's say, jeff (a long time txt buddy) our entire history is there! i can manually delete them one message at a time, but i cannot delete the whole thread by contact name because (as i mentioned) the chat is no longer saved by contact name under "conversations".

i did go into the pre as a USB and i did delete all .attachments/mms folders (just in case one of the old, archived files were corrupted or something) so...yah. don't know how to fix this and would appreciate a little guidance.

gracias.
    I am having the exact same issue. Can anyone help? Thanks!
    I've heard people talk about this issue before. Have you tried deleting the contact and then adding it back to see if that helps?
  4.    #4  
    yup, that fix'd it for me!
    Fixed it for me as well. Thank you!