1.    #1  
    i know this has been discussed in a few places but for whatever reason I can't seem to find the threads. I've been installing tons of apps on my Pre via fileCoaster and all of a sudden I started getting Install Error when i try to install something new. I'm guessing this has to do with the partition size limit for apps. Has anyone found a work around for this yet? I would prefer a work around without using the linux/root method, but if thats the only way I may have to give in and try it.

Thanks!
    i just saw that thread, too, but cant find it now. Touche.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    +1

I remember seeing this mentioned somewhere, but can't find it either...
    One workaround: if you're installing a newer version of an app you already have installed then uninstall that app first. That plus removing stuff I probably won't use again has been my strategy.
  5.    #5  
    wow, i still can't believe this problem hasn't been fixed. I realize that palm hasn't officially released more than 30 or so apps, but come on, they know we're installing apps, so why not remove this annoying limitation? That and the limit of 3 screens are really bothering me. Thanks for the tips enormous. I guess I'll be in the same boat for now. Soooo many awesome apps coming out that its gonna be hard to pick and choose a certain number.

Palm if you see this, please fix it!
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    wow, i still can't believe this problem hasn't been fixed. I realize that palm hasn't officially released more than 30 or so apps, but come on, they know we're installing apps, so why not remove this annoying limitation? That and the limit of 3 screens are really bothering me. Thanks for the tips enormous. I guess I'll be in the same boat for now. Soooo many awesome apps coming out that its gonna be hard to pick and choose a certain number.

Palm if you see this, please fix it!
    There is a patch to add more launcher screens. Ther is no fix for the app limit, and no one seems to care enough to try and fix it.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    There is a patch to add more launcher screens. Ther is no fix for the app limit, and no one seems to care enough to try and fix it.
    Here are the threads on this topic I replied to.

http://forums.precentral.net/general...lled-apps.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-can-have.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...n-install.html

One of them contains a link to more details and a possible way to workaround the limit. I think one of them links to more threads with the same subject. The issue isn't as cut and dry as most think it is. It isn't that they intentionally limited the space but rather linux requires folders to have space allocated to them or at least certain folders. But they also had to allocate usable space to allow for drive mode to move files and such to the devices. As a result they had to decide how much space to allocate to each thing. I honestly think they didn't expect there to be so many apps so quickly. As discussed in one of the threads there is a method in place for adjusting the allocated space so it is only a matter of figuring it out to do it unofficially. I'm assuming officially there is meant to be a method called upon by perhaps the app catalog or something else when the space is running low to allocate more space for apps. If something like this is in place or not is unknown at this time as far as I know. The issue appear to be cropping up as a result of loading up on homebrew apps. I'm assuming it isn't possible to fill up the space with only the apps in the app catalog. So if there is something in place for adjusting the size it may not get properly triggered? With all that said I want to clarify this is pretty much all conjecture.