1.    #1  
    Alright, so i was on my boat, no bites so i was lookin up some good fishing spots for the lake (braunig(texas) good red fish, friend caught a 33"), and all of sudden i get a hit, i toss my phone on my PFD and next thing i know i hear a lil thud... it slid off and was on the bottom of my boat which had water in it because somebody decided to be a jerk off and splash me and my buddy... i throw the pole to the side at this point to save my phone. it acted odd (random shut off, showing me clicking a ton of random spots on my phone, opening ****, screen power button not working) for the first two days and started working better and better!

So today i'm out on the lake taking to chances while i was on the boat, i kept it in my chest pocket... after running out of bait i go aground to cast net more fish. i have about an inch of water in a bucket to pull all the shad out and then dump it into my live well from there. sure enough i lean over to get the shad and my phone slides out of my pocket into the bucket! some fish cushioned it from completely going under but it still took in a good bit of water... immediately spazing and turning off.

I cannot turn my phone on at all now, i just get a battery with a question mark sign... i've left my phone open on the patio, and i dont think this time my phone will be able to just dry out of it... anybody have this problem make a complete recovery? if i were just going to replace it, it'd be my second to replace, would sprint charge me some kind of fee?

edit: i do have insurance... i know in the past though they weren't to friendly to water damages...

also the first replacement was because of random turn-offs.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeybob365 View Post
    Alright, so i was on my boat, no bites so i was lookin up some good fishing spots for the lake (braunig(texas) good red fish, friend caught a 33"), and all of sudden i get a hit, i toss my phone on my PFD and next thing i know i hear a lil thud... it slid off and was on the bottom of my boat which had water in it because somebody decided to be a jerk off and splash me and my buddy... i throw the pole to the side at this point to save my phone. it acted odd (random shut off, showing me clicking a ton of random spots on my phone, opening ****, screen power button not working) for the first two days and started working better and better!

So today i'm out on the lake taking to chances while i was on the boat, i kept it in my chest pocket... after running out of bait i go aground to cast net more fish. i have about an inch of water in a bucket to pull all the shad out and then dump it into my live well from there. sure enough i lean over to get the shad and my phone slides out of my pocket into the bucket! some fish cushioned it from completely going under but it still took in a good bit of water... immediately spazing and turning off.

I cannot turn my phone on at all now, i just get a battery with a question mark sign... i've left my phone open on the patio, and i dont think this time my phone will be able to just dry out of it... anybody have this problem make a complete recovery? if i were just going to replace it, it'd be my second to replace, would sprint charge me some kind of fee?

edit: i do have insurance... i know in the past though they weren't to friendly to water damages...

also the first replacement was because of random turn-offs.
    Many have had luck putting theirs in an bowl of dry rice. It has been worked many times over.
  3.    #3  
    i've tried that old trick with another phone and so has my lil sis... nada

but can anyone tell me anything about the replacement?
    Water damage is ok if you have insurance, and it will cost you $100.
    if you just replaced the 1st through Sprint then no big deal. This one will have to go through Asursion and you will have to pay the Deductible ($100) and it will cont as one of your replacements through them ( Your 1st). Water Damage is covered through them so no big deal with that either.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeybob365 View Post
    i've tried that old trick with another phone and so has my lil sis... nada

but can anyone tell me anything about the replacement?
    The replacement may be a refurb, but probably not. My son just got a replacement instinct, because of water damage, and they sent him a new, in box, instinct. I have read that others here have gotten a new Pre from the insurance company, and some have gotten refurbs. I guess it's luck of the draw.
    I too tried to see if my pre would float, after $100 deductible I was sent brand new phone, sealed in box with all accessories (I claimed it lost because i wasn't sure if insurance covered water damage). I noticed my once wet phone was good for charging a backup battery since i had an extra now. 7 days after the dunk tank, my old phone powered up when i switched batteries, touchscreen didn't work unless i closed slider hard then it worked for about 10 sec. All in all i still needed the replacement but i was happy to be able to get my pix from first pre. You'll probably be better off replacing because even if it comes back alive it may not be 100% functioning.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mykole View Post
    I too tried to see if my pre would float, after $100 deductible I was sent brand new phone, sealed in box with all accessories (I claimed it lost because i wasn't sure if insurance covered water damage). I noticed my once wet phone was good for charging a backup battery since i had an extra now. 7 days after the dunk tank, my old phone powered up when i switched batteries, touchscreen didn't work unless i closed slider hard then it worked for about 10 sec. All in all i still needed the replacement but i was happy to be able to get my pix from first pre. You'll probably be better off replacing because even if it comes back alive it may not be 100% functioning.
    thanks mykole i guess i'll just claim it lost, pay it off, and have a spare battery out of it too!
    Try and get the Sprint store to give you a replacement battery, sounds like you fried it maybe. My Sprint store just gave me a couple replacements when I had issues. If this works for you, as it possibly did for the guy above, that would cost you nothing. Try and make the phone look as dry as possible, and do your best to just show them that the battery in fact is unable to hold a charge.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.