Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My wife and I left the house today, not really knowing exactly where we wanted to go except out of the house. She's been bugging me more and more about a new phone, so we ended up at the mall and after my obligatory stop at Best Buy (almost never buy anything, but love looking at electronics) I took her to the Verizon store. She's expressed interest in a Pre in the past, but her and the kids are on a Verizon Family Plan and I didn't really want to break that up. Plus she's got a bunch of friends on Verizon.

We spent about a half hour in the store looking at phones that she kept rejecting for one reason or another. It was my first time really fooling around with the BB Storm, and I was pleasantly surprised that the SurePress wasn't too bad (as opposed to a touch screen keyboard without it), but she said she didn't want an onscreen keyboard. We looked at the Tour but she didn't like that because (among other things) it didn't have a touchscreen "like your phone". After a while it was obvious where she was going. And her finale, as we were fooling around with the BB Storm, she reaches up and swipes her finger across the screen, and then give me a sarcastic look when nothing happens.

So, we've been back from the Sprint store for 3 hours, and she hasn't put the Pre down yet. She keeps walking into the room and telling me how her life just got easier.

Oh, and BTW, hardware-wise her phone, slider and all, feels exactly like my launch-day Pre (a good thing in this case).

Just smudged, not scratched.
    Nice, man.

My mom wants one also. I traded in my Instinct for it and she's wanting to trade in her pink one for a Pre.
    Lol at the swiping across the storm. Awesome. Good buys and hope you both enjoy your new pre. Lil heads up in advance, the battery life does kinda suck for the first week or two, afterwards it gets better.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Lol at the swiping across the storm. Awesome. Good buys and hope you both enjoy your new pre. Lil heads up in advance, the battery life does kinda suck for the first week or two, afterwards it gets better.
    Oh, mine isn't new, had it since launch - just hers. I've already told her the battery isn't going to last her like her old dumb phone. Especially if she never puts it down...
    Lol good advice with that! It is very hard to put down, especially with a great web browsing and some twitter apps.
    My brother, who was living out in California when the Pre was released, thought he was the first in the family to get one. But no! It was me - in the good ole central time zone! :-) And between his and my Pre, my step-father then got one as well, and the youngest brother is interested in one now also! Love sharing the latest tips, tricks, and info with them :-)

Kudos to your wife for her grand finale screen swipe! Awesome move!!! Glad to hear your phone is holding up and feels just like the new one, too. Have not had any issues with mine as well and love to recommend the Pre to anyone who brings up the need for a new phone!
    MY Wife and I both got a Pre. We love them but have had some issues. My Wife is on her 2nd Pre and I'm on my 3rd but it feels like we finally have solid phones now.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    So, we've been back from the Sprint store for 3 hours, and she hasn't put the Pre down yet. She keeps walking into the room and telling me how her life just got easier.
    Yeah, but the important question is - does it read her mind??
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Very nice post. Trying to convince my wife to trade in her dumb phone and old Zire 71 for a Pre. I'll make sure she reads this thread.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Yeah, but the important question is - does it read her mind??
    LOL, I don't know about reading it, but it certainly seems to be controlling it.

I woke up this morning and the same wife who has been giving me crap for having my phone on a touchstone on my nightstand was laying in bed swiping away.

I think my life just got easier too...
    i switched my family from verizon to sprint and got a pre for my wife and i, and she is absolutely loving it. the only homebrew app on it is mynotifications, so she could change her ring for texts. still a very happy camper!
    lol great Story . I guess the more She is thinking about what her New PRe is doing the More she is Not Thinking of What you are or are not doing.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    My wife and I both have Pres, and hers was a major upgrade from some old Sanyo that barely did anything other than make calls. She loves it, but I spend a lot of time answering questions and setting things up.... however, I am glad she's joined the 21st century!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by stickywhipit View Post
    i switched my family from verizon to sprint and got a pre for my wife and i, and she is absolutely loving it. the only homebrew app on it is mynotifications, so she could change her ring for texts. still a very happy camper!
    Yep, she's already asked about changing notification sounds. I've got a few Homebrews on my phone and I will hook hers up if she ever puts it down.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    My husband and I both used to have iPhones and he made the switch to a Pre first. When I finally had it with the iPhone, I tried out the new Blackberry Tour. After one week with it, it turned out to be a total disappointment, so I gave in and bought a Pre. First thing I heard out of my husband's mouth was, "I told you so!"
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by cderekg72 View Post
    My wife and I both have Pres, and hers was a major upgrade from some old Sanyo that barely did anything other than make calls. She loves it, but I spend a lot of time answering questions and setting things up.... however, I am glad she's joined the 21st century!
    I actually got a little frustrated with her last night. As I was sitting there trying to help her set up one thing, a lightbulb would go off in her head and she'd start asking me about how to set up something else.

Like a little kid over my shoulder; "Is it working yet? Huh, isn't it working??"
    I've had my Pre since opening day - my middle daughter needed to replace her phone, and while we were looking at all of the options, she said, "For that price, why can't I just get a Pre?" We are now a 2-Pre family.

My wife and my other daughter are interested in upgrading at some point, but since their phones are working (and we don't yet qualify for the $199 price), they're going to keep their Rumors until they break, then get a Pre. My son already grabs mine whenever he can - especially since he found the Homebrew apps!

Could we possible become the first 5-Pre family?
    I got the fiancÚ into a PrPrPr&#$275$; $on$ $Friday$. $Her$ $first$ $smart$ $phone$ $and$ $she$ $loves$ $it$.
    It took my wife 2 weeks of playing with my pre before she was convinced enough to get one for herself, and she loves it. I think what finally did her in was playing with my pre for like an hour straight, and then having to pick up her instinct and try to do the same things on it. She didn't like that one bit.
    My daughter mis-heard that I got her a new "Pre-skin". She had this strange look on her face, and asked, "Are we Jewish?"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast