Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I can't hear the other person on the other end of the line. Took it to the Sprint store today and they are ordering me a replacement...I hope it is not a refurbished phone

Don't know why it stopped working. I was listening to music with headphones. wafter I unplugged them it stopped working

Anyone else experienced this issue?
    Try and look for messages from users who got there Pre stuck in headset mode. Maybe you can find a fix there.

Did you try and do a restart. If all else fails, then do a factory reset (resets your Pre to factory defaults) but you would have to set up your Pre basically from scratch. Make sure you do a back up, it will get things back almost, but not everything perfectly.

That's all I can offer, since I didn't notice anyone replying to help you.

I'm sure there is something in the other message threads about the issue.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

My buddy just had that problem as well. Plug your headphones back in and take them back out slowly. General idea is to just mess with the headphones. If need to be, listen to some music with them again and when you're done, unplug them slowly until you hear a light "pop", once you hear that, it will work again.

Give it a whirl.
    Try running the self audio tests. That sometimes puts it back into the correct mode. It's found in device info, more options then press the left corner icon for self tests.
    I just had this happen to me after talking on the headset, the phone's mic and earpiece didn't work. It worked on speaker just fine.

I ran the self tests, and the audio tests all worked.

What's the deal with this thing?
    I had a similar issue. Cleaned the head phone jack with alcohol and mostly bare qtip, then pluged and unpluged my headphones MANY times, and it worked. Hooray!
    I head something kinda similar, after using my headphones, the phone got stuck in headphone mode, could not talk on it like a regular phone, even when headphones were out or after resetting it. I had to pull the battery to get it to revert to "phone" mode.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I have same problem, nothing is helping. Of all the features to carry from the Treo...
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I had this happen yesterday also. At first I thought it was the 95 degree heat. I "fixed" it by plugging a pair of headphones in, calling my voicemail, and unplugging the headphones while on a call. Hopefully this is reproducible but it worked on the first try.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I just had mine exchanged for the 2nd time for this issue. I am really scared to use it as my mp3 player in my car now.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Yeah the speaker and mic failure just happened to me too. I was listening to my music earlier this morning working out and when someone tried to call me it didn't work. Also figured out that speaker and my bluetooth work but not the regular phone way. sucks. ill try some of the ideas here.
    Same problem happened to me today. WTF, I haven't touched the headphones in weeks.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    its working again. i tried putting the speaker headset back in it and out but that didn't work. did the speaker test and didn't work. but the jamming the q-tip into the jack seemed to work so its ok for now. :-)
    Last edited by orizzle; 09/02/2009 at 09:14 PM.
    happened to me. it wouldnt go dark when i held it up to my ear either. ended up using my earphones to call. a couple calls later i was getting a call and i was too lazy to get the earphones back out and just answered and it worked. havent had a problem since.
    I had the same problem. After I took it on to the Sprint store and they ordered me a new one, I messed around with it and plugged and unplugged the headset a few times and guess what? It started working again! I had it replaced anyways because they chipped my phone when they serviced it, but I do believe that problem is due to the headset jack.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I have the same issue... I had one pre replaced, now it just happened to the 2nd... I got a twitter and there is a fix here somewhere...
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    My buddy just had that problem as well. Plug your headphones back in and take them back out slowly. General idea is to just mess with the headphones. If need to be, listen to some music with them again and when you're done, unplug them slowly until you hear a light "pop", once you hear that, it will work again.

Give it a whirl.
    just tried this... Bam it works again!! good call, thanks!
    I had this same problem yesterday and I plugged the headphones in, then called my voicemail. Once it was connected, I pulled the headphones out and it worked again. Thank god I don't have to take it to Sprint! Thanks for all the tips!!
    i have this problem now too. speakerphone works, but when i try plugging in the headset while on a call it just drops the call. very frustrating.
    This is happening to me too -- the speakerphone and headset modes work, but the earpiece doesn't work when I'm in plain-old phone-to-the-ear mode. I have tried plugging and unplugging the headphones many times but it isn't helping.

I did the interactive audio test and that played music through the earpiece just fine. But still it doesn't work for phone calls. Argh! Looks like I'm going to be heading to the Sprint store.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast