Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I would sure love it if someone could give us Full Screen Graffiti for those times when you don't want to open the keyboard...
    +1

Graffiti Anywhere for the Pre (using original Graffiti, not Graffiti2) would be fantastic.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    hmmmm....graffiti with your finger....now that would be an interesting turn of events!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Don't think that the precision of the capacitive screen will allow it.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Don't think that the precision of the capacitive screen will allow it.
    Really? The homebrew paint app seems to indicate it would be possible based on precision demonstrated in that app. It would be very cool if Palm ran with this idea- merge one of their original killer innovations with their latest one.
    Quote Originally Posted by nullity View Post
    Really? The homebrew paint app seems to indicate it would be possible based on precision demonstrated in that app. It would be very cool if Palm ran with this idea- merge one of their original killer innovations with their latest one.
    I guess that once the cursor position is established, the movement is relative, so maybe it would work.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    It would be soooo cool to be able to just hold the Pre with your left hand and hold your thumb on the gesture area so the Pre 'knows' you want to use Graffiti, then 'write' with your other hand...

One more of those little 'your iPhone can't do that' features.
    This idea makes more sense than an onscreen keyboard to me.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    That would be so wicked. I really wonder though. I am able to type on the keyboard much faster than I ever could with graphitti. I was slow enough with graphitti that I got the stowaway keyboard, my most prized peripheral. Still, when I first got the pre I was jonesing for graphitti. I would still like graphitti like gestures, for example, a quick w for web, e for email, m for message, mu for music, v for video, and so on. I wouldn't leave keyboard for typing though. I'm getting pretty quick at it, and this is the first phone with keyboard I have ever had. Yup, I'm am old throwback to the visor, blue.

I remember some old palm hacks (da launcher??) that would use a simple gesture to bring up a quick launcher or an app. Something like that would be awesome.

If I had to choose, definitely graphitti over an onscreen keyboard.

Palm if you implement this, no charge. LOL
    Add my vote!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    The cool thing about Graffiti was that you could keep eye contact with someone while taking notes. I could listen to a lecture or be in a meeting and be taking accurate notes while looking and listening to the speaker. I've never found any other method of data entry that's as useful for note taking situations. (Even an external keyboard requires a table and is something extra to carry.)

Graffiti (1st version) is unmatched!
    The more I use WebOS, the more I appreciate how well-conceived and executed the early versions of PalmOS were.