Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Saw it tonight on Bravo. Just purely informative, much better. Starts with her asking if there was ever something you couldn't remember, but it was almost at the tip of your tongue...well now it can be at the tip of your finger. Shows the Pre up-close as she taps for a universal search. Then voice over of "Palm Pre with Universal Search."
    I saw a different one but same idea. This emphasized the facebook/contacts linking.

It was short too, maybe 15 seconds.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I don't watch much tv so can anyone link it?
    Where does everyone see these commercials!! I only see the sprint commercials, never one of the Palm pre lady.
    I think you have to be drinking heavily to see the Palm Pre lady!!!
    anybody have a link??
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    I saw a different one but same idea. This emphasized the facebook/contacts linking.

It was short too, maybe 15 seconds.
    That one was shown during the Today Show this morning as well.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    The lady from the morgue is still just creepy.

What is their target market for the Pre? Guys who want to date vampires?

Wait until Halloween to put her on the air again.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/10/2009 at 02:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Perhaps what it was like to be a human being?
    LOL! Or how to speak with inflection? Or the benefits of caffeine?

Nah, I still get a kick outta her contact high with the Pre. It's such a stoner commercial when you think about it. I think everyone might chill out about her creepiness if they just thought of her as a pasty-faced geek getting off on her Xanax-like, Pre buzz.

Think of the Pre like the "orb" in Woody Allen's "Sleeper."
    So I don't know which version of the commercial it was. But, here's another perspective on them. I was talking to my mother last night, and she tells me "I just saw your phone on TV, it looks so cute!" I asked her about the creepy girl in the commercial and she said she didn't notice anything like that, just that "It's so small, right?"

Really, that's the demographic they're going after with the ads - people who know nothing about technology. My mother is a little older than that, but really I've been saying all along that they're going after more of the 'soccer mom' demographic and this is a good example of that.

And if you look at the advertising as a whole, while I'd have probably done it differently, just now is where it's starting to work anyway. I still think the first ad was a great way of rebuilding the brand. The 30 second commercials were a little iffy, but they were just a step along the way. It's almost as if the 30 second commercials were designed to throw the ideas out there as if almost a "What if" type thing. Then, they follow that up with the 15 second ads that show functionality directly and begin to answer the 'what if' questions, and it seems maybe there's finally starting to be some payoff to all of this.

While I personally prefer the new Bell ads, they're directed more towards the kinds of people like us who might already know about the Pre. We might not agree with it, but Palm has clearly had some sort of strategy all along with this.