Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Picked it up today after work.

Build date 7/30/09

Just put it in developer mode and installed Filecoaster.

Thanks to Precenter.net and all the people in the forums for all the great info.

Need to get Touchstone ASAP.

Loving it so far, just feels like I need to be careful how rough I am with it.
    congrats and welcome
    Congrats! Enjoy your Pre
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckl View Post
    Picked it up today after work.

Build date 7/30/09

Just put it in developer mode and installed Filecoaster.

Thanks to Precenter.net and all the people in the forums for all the great info.

Need to get Touchstone ASAP.

Loving it so far, just feels like I need to be careful how rough I am with it.
    Congratulations! What have you noticed about it's build quality? Is there the oreo-effect? Are there any dead pixels or light leakages?
    Congrats! If I were you, I'd get a skin to protect your new Pre.
    Congrats, indeed. If you're no power user, you may be satisfied with the battery life. I understand your concern about keeping it beautiful, but I don't wanna protect its beauty by concealimg it. Even the screen protector was too much for me. Once I saw the screen, raw, I was hooked. I guess I'll be really careful and then deal with the consequences if and when they occur.

In my past Treo experiences, I got as much damage from the cases as from my own butter-fingers. Now I use belt pouches and the "sock" that came with the Pre, to protect it when it's not in my hand.

That's me, though. Good luck with whatever choices you decide on.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Welcome aboard. I am sure you will love your Pre as much as I have. I think it is the best phone out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Congrats, indeed. If you're no power user, you may be satisfied with the battery life. I understand your concern about keeping it beautiful, but I don't wanna protect its beauty by concealimg it. Even the screen protector was too much for me. Once I saw the screen, raw, I was hooked. I guess I'll be really careful and then deal with the consequences if and when they occur.

In my past Treo experiences, I got as much damage from the cases as from my own butter-fingers. Now I use belt pouches and the "sock" that came with the Pre, to protect it when it's not in my hand.

That's me, though. Good luck with whatever choices you decide on.
    Agreed I like my Pre naked I will deal with the consequences. I don't even like the extended life batteries because they take away from the look of the device. OP welcome to the circus sounds like your getting in the ring with all us clowns already. I recommend if you need it get My tether the rooting really isnt that hard.
    My device history. Casio A-10/Cassiopeia E-100/PPC6600/PPC6700/700wx/Moto Q/PPC6700/Mogul/Touch/Mogul/700wx/800w/Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/Palm Pre/Touch Pro
    getting a Pre is like having your own personal christmas celebration

i was totally excited when i got mine and i'm still loving it after a month
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I ordered a bestskinever when they were on sale for 4.95. I've used Invisible Shield on previous phones with good results.

It has very slight oreo, but I guess that is typical. The screen looks perfect to me, but I've been so busy with other stuff, I'll give it a good examination tonight.

Need to figure out hold to carry this thing. I'm a little leery carrying it in the supplied pouch in my pocket.
    I'm a little leery carrying it in the supplied pouch in my pocket.
    That's how I carry mine, in the pouch in my shirt pocket. Haven't had any issues so far. The hardest thing is figuring out what to do with the pouch when I get an unexpected phone call.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by trodecke View Post
    That's how I carry mine, in the pouch in my shirt pocket. Haven't had any issues so far. The hardest thing is figuring out what to do with the pouch when I get an unexpected phone call.
    Ballsy.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    now you must try and change the theme on it.. is fun once you learn a bit.. I have a Touch Pro from sprint but I want a Palm pre. I work for Sprint so I have access to the pre all day long.. I installed filecoaster and also Im working on an app at this time..

Man I need to get a pre Im getting tired of Windows Mobile
    I ordered a bestskinever when they were on sale for 4.95. I've used Invisible Shield on previous phones with good results.

It has very slight oreo, but I guess that is typical. The screen looks perfect to me, but I've been so busy with other stuff, I'll give it a good examination tonight.

Need to figure out hold to carry this thing. I'm a little leery carrying it in the supplied pouch in my pocket.
    Invis. Shield is the best thing ever for this phone, but I do agree naked for this phone is way better. I am just not that gutzy to do so. Also the best way I found to look for dea pixels is to open up the camera, and look at different items of solid color. I have one dead on mine and only can be seen when camera is one and I put my finger over the lens...then I see a RED stuck pixel...but otherwise I cannot see it...also look for screeen leakage at the bottom.

Normal for these things to sort of happen with a touch screen and usually not a big deal.

Grats and good luck...got mine on luanch day and still loving it!