Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, so I've been to a repair center and two other sprint retailers and I have been told over and over that they've never heard this issue before.

When I have the phone in standby mode and I receive a phone call, I drag the answer button up, and it jumps randomly to another area of the screen and hangs there. I try again and again, and eventually the call goes to vm and I never receive the call. This happens occasionally with unlocking, but is completely random and rare. If I put the phone back into standby and then bring it back out, it will behave. Basically I'm just curious if anyone has heard of this.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I definitely have. The phone app is still buggy. I make dozens of calls everyday and I see it do weird things all the time. Especially after about 6 - 8 calls in a row it's starts wiggin out.
    My pre has done the exact same things multiple times.. When it happens if you slide your phone up it will answer the call. I hope these things work themselves out soon.
    I've had this happen once or twice. There are lots of things that happen very infrequently that hang up the phone. In my opinion, these things happen when there is data polling going on. I just think the processor isn't quite up to handling all this phone can do when intensive things are going on at once. It does fine loading web pages but syncing multiple emails when other stuff is going on seems to cause weird behavior. Not sure that's really fixable, but we'll see.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    This has happened to me several times to and its frustrating. I never thought to slide the phone open to answer though I will do that next time thanks
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdash88 View Post
    Ok, so I've been to a repair center and two other sprint retailers and I have been told over and over that they've never heard this issue before.

When I have the phone in standby mode and I receive a phone call, I drag the answer button up, and it jumps randomly to another area of the screen and hangs there. I try again and again, and eventually the call goes to vm and I never receive the call. This happens occasionally with unlocking, but is completely random and rare. If I put the phone back into standby and then bring it back out, it will behave. Basically I'm just curious if anyone has heard of this.
    This happens to me, though it is rare. If you slide the phone open while receiving the call it will stop doing that and allow you to answer. It works for me at least.
    It's happened to me, ALOT. very frustrating.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Yeah, you should be able to slide your phone open to unlock and answer. If not, consider using WebOSDoctor to reinstall your OS. Especially if you were doing a lot of linux hacking
    I had this happen once but I don't leave my apps open all the time and I reboot at least once a day. Like right now!
  10.    #10  
    Thanks, just making sure it wasn't just me. I actually haven't hacked it at all.... so just a glitch in the software. Hopefully someone sees all this and realizes its a problem.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    bump
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Same issue for me. Two things to consider (other than this is still being worked on):

Before 1.1 update, this was a LOT worse.

sliding open the keyboard helps, but I've also noticed, slide up the lock icon and wait 2 seconds and you're fine.
    I'm on my third Pre and have had this problem with all.

"drag up to answer"

Slide yellow button up and nothing.

Phone keeps ringing and goes to voicemail. I recently took a road trip and had this problem constantly, so I think it could be a signal strength bug?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    bump (self-serving)
    Watch your hand placement when trying to drag up. It's possible the screen is registering a second "touch" unkowingly which causes goofy behavior.

Just a side effect of a capacitive touchscreen.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Just open the phone...if the slide up on the screen doesn't answer the phone immediately, I just slide it open...
    I'm bumping this, because I still experience the issue with the phone not answering when I "drag to answer". Typically I just open the slider and am fine. However, today I was sending a text when my phone rang....so my slider was already open. I wasn't able to answer the call so I panicked and the call went into voicemail.

Just to avoid this again in the future, what do people do if the "drag to answer" doesn't work and the slider is already open? Do you *calmly* close the slider and re-open?

Thanks in advance!
    Karla
    With it open I don't think you have to drag anything.. you just tap the green button.

I had lag tapping it today though.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I've definitely had this happen, it's very frustrating. As others have said, I've found that sliding open the Pre will answer the call immediately. Sometimes I've been too flustered trying to unlock the screen that I forget this though =)
    That may have been my issue! I panicked and was dragging and tapping everything! LOL... Next time, I'll try just a calm tap on the green button.

Thanks!
    Karla
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast