1.    #1  
    I noticed today that there is a deep scratch on the back of my Pre and its been bugging me ever since. Is there anything I can put on the phone (case, toothpaste, ect.) to cover it up or do I need to "break" my phone and turn it it?
    well I'm sure there are plenty of Stock backs for sale as most are going with the touchstone and that comes with a back.

But yes you could Skin it or Case it with a snap-on case if it bothers you that bad. I so would noit Break a good working phone for cosmetic damage as you don't know what you will end up with
    Go buy a Touchstone kit, you get a new back.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    you can buy a new back on ebay or buy the touchstone kit, comes with a rubberized back.
    I recommend the "invisible sheild" (zagg.com) It's the best and wont ever scratch. they make it for the front and back. best to try to find a store or mall cart that sells them, they will install it for you. when they installed mine it was similar to the way they install window tint on a car.
    You wont ever have to use those bulky protective cases and worry about ever scratching your pre again!. and like you, i cant stand scratches.
    I'll sell you a back if you'd like. PM if interested.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Beard View Post
    I noticed today that there is a deep scratch on the back of my Pre and its been bugging me ever since. Is there anything I can put on the phone (case, toothpaste, ect.) to cover it up or do I need to "break" my phone and turn it it?
    If you go the toothpaste route, make sure to choose one with flouride to help strengthen your back cover. Hahha... Ha...ok, maybe not so funny now that i've typed it out.

I agree with those suggesting that you get a touchstone, but there is also ebay. A quick search revealed a few auctions of people selling off their original battery covers for as little as $5.

Good luck getting her fixed!
    You could probably go to a Sprint store and ask to exchange your back for one from a return. They would probably do that for free if you explain the situation politely.
    BUY A CASE EVERYONE! I waited for a month before purchasing one and my Pre really took a beating. I exchanged it for a new one for a variety of unrelated issues and you better believe the new phone has a case on it.
    Cases are a PITA. And it's not very manly to have to take your phone out of a cute little case every time you want to use it. I go with a skin. It's like a condom for your Pre! What could be more manly than that?

Yes, I'm kidding. Cases are a good option too if that's your thing.
    Whoa! Thatls sooo funny on many levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Cases are a PITA. And it's not very manly to have to take your phone out of a cute little case every time you want to use it. I go with a skin. It's like a condom for your Pre! What could be more manly than that?

Yes, I'm kidding. Cases are a good option too if that's your thing.
    +1

Get a Skin. I recommend Phantom Skinz. Order it from amazon, it's cheaper than going through the website.
    man i'm a welder,you should see my phones,1 scratch is the least of my troubles.why would you stare at the back of your pre anyway
    i have a stock back cover, never been used, PM if interested
    Repair the scratch my friend scratched his all Up front and back i buffed the front with rubbing compound with a light circular motion for about an hour and the scratch was gone for the back i sanded it with 1500 grit paper then buffed it as well and painted it with 2 layers and a clear coat man that baby shins now (Helps when you work in a Paint Shop)
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Repair the scratch my friend scratched his all Up front and back i buffed the front with rubbing compound with a light circular motion for about an hour and the scratch was gone for the back i sanded it with 1500 grit paper then buffed it as well and painted it with 2 layers and a clear coat man that baby shins now (Helps when you work in a Paint Shop)

PS make sure you use the plastic safe buffing compound and the right grit as well...
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    You could probably go to a Sprint store and ask to exchange your back for one from a return. They would probably do that for free if you explain the situation politely.

Do IT!
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    just go buy a new back cover... don't be dishonest and "break" your phone because you scratched it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipreedinmypants View Post
    just go buy a new back cover... don't be dishonest and "break" your phone because you scratched it.
    +1 m8.....what he said.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Breaking your Pre will get you nothing but a $100 deductible if you were wise enough to purchase TEP.

Just go into the store and ask them if they have an extra battery cover for the Pre.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    I'd say see if you can talk to sprint and get a replacement back cover or this may sound weird, but try clear fingernail polish. It should fill the scratch in for ya and you'd only have to wait a couple mins