1.    #1  
    Just wanted so see what programs you are using to make apps. Im attempting to use Eclipse, as Palm suggests, but I cant find the WEBOS option option under Window>Open Perspective>Other...
    Never heard of Eclipse. I was using Dreamweaver myself.
  3.    #3  
    I really want to learn how to write apps for the Pre, and Palm suggests using Eclipse. I have never done this, so how do I learn? Anyone know the best way to learn how to write apps for the Pre?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch2k12 View Post
    I really want to learn how to write apps for the Pre, and Palm suggests using Eclipse. I have never done this, so how do I learn? Anyone know the best way to learn how to write apps for the Pre?
    I'm sure its in other forums posts, but eclipse is pretty much the standard open source development environment. There are many sites out there to learn it. eclipse . org is the place to start. Then, you can also check out w3schools . com - that's the site I've learned from the most.
    Read through the setting up Eclipse in the Palm development site. You need to install Aptana and the WebOS software into Eclipse.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Notepad++
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Read through the setting up Eclipse in the Palm development site. You need to install Aptana and the WebOS software into Eclipse.
    I have already done this. I was working on the HelloWorld project that Palm has with it, and the instructions were very vague, and also, I'm running XP. Im not sure if I need to boot up in linux in order to do this, but it gave me the link to download the SDK for Windows, and Eclipse for Windows, and now I cant figure out what to do....