Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Which means it will also be optimized for the Pre!

Last month, Google Voice’s iPhone application was rejected from the iPhone app store, a controversial move that the FCC is looking into. Now, it appears that Google (Google) may be working to circumvent Apple and AT&T, or at least seriously force their hand, by developing an iPhone optimized web application for Google Voice.

According to The New York Times, “Google says it is readying a replacement for the Google Voice app that will offer exactly the same features as the rejected app—except that it will take the form of a specialized, iPhone-shaped Web page. For all intents and purposes, it will behave exactly the same as the app would have; you can even install it as an icon on your Home screen.”
    FORGET APPLE: Google Voice for iPhone to Reemerge as Web App
    Not really. Many of the current google apps don't work fully or properly on the Pre despite working on the Iphone.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I don't see anything that even mentions the Pre so based on that article, I don't think it "means" anything to the Pre, although one would think/hope it may.
  4.    #4  
    Which web-based google apps dont work fully or properly on the pre?

I mentioned Pre, not the article. Its a web based application thats optimized for the iphone, why wouldn't it work on the Pre?

I posted it, it can mean whatever I want :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Preeminent View Post
    Which web-based google apps dont work fully or properly on the pre?

I mentioned Pre, not the article. Its a web based application thats optimized for the iphone, why wouldn't it work on the Pre?

I posted it, it can mean whatever I want :P

Well for starters in Gmail when I go to compose mail, change my mind and hit discard it pops up the notification but doesn't do anything when you click ok to discard. You also can't go back as that doesn't work from the compose section.

There are attachment issues and google voice mails not being able to be played. Lots of little things that work on the Iphone but not the Pre.
    Some iPhone web apps work, and others don't work. I wouldn't be so quick at jumping to conclusions until the actual app is released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Not really. Many of the current google apps don't work fully or properly on the Pre despite working on the Iphone.
    Every iPhone web app I have tried has worked perfectly with the Pre.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    Every iPhone web app I have tried has worked perfectly with the Pre.
    Not every web app works. Beejive web app has issues on the Pre
    Here's an example of an iPhone web app from Google that does not work on the Pre:
    Book Search
    This article on TechCrunch also specifically mentions the PrPrPré $and$ $Pixi$:
    Google Voice Does An End Run Around Apple And Shows Up In The iPhone’s Browser (Screenshots)

Now we'll just have to wait until they release Google voice in Europe. Sounds familiar...?
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    I'm seeing the new site on the Pre.
    I just tried it out, and it seems to work pretty well. I made a couple calls, messed around with it a bit, and I don't see anything that's causing any problems.

I'll probably still use gDail Pro, but this is a good alternative, and an excellent solution for those with iPhones. Maybe Apple will finally just give up and finally allow a GVoice app on their phones now.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    This only works on the pre if you have the iphone user agent spoof installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by f4systems View Post
    This only works on the pre if you have the iphone user agent spoof installed.
    Not anymore: Google Voice finally on iPhone--in the browser | Relevant Results - CNET News

No playing of voicemail, though. gDial Pro sticks around on my Pre. But now we can delete stuff.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    this works perfect, without iphone spoof. I can finally delete voicemails from my phone!
  16. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Contacts Tab returns 404 Error :-(

Google Error

NOT FOUND

The requested URL /app/contacts
    was not found on this server.
    Google Voice web app - take that Apple!
    ah ha.... got you now Mountain... eat pebble....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Its nice to see we are getting publicity side by side with iPhone. Its interesting to see how the articles are coming out. Some say iphone and Webos. Some say it with Palm Pre. My favorite was title saying 'iphone' but in article said "...iphone (and palm pre)".

We are such an underdog sometimes.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    I don't see anything that even mentions the Pre so based on that article, I don't think it "means" anything to the Pre, although one would think/hope it may.
    Google Voice Blog: Google Voice for iPhone and Palm WebOS
    According to Google's own blog they see it as a roll out for both iphone and webOS.

If I may throw my own two cents in, I see both a positive and a negative with this announcement. The positive is that a big company like Google has decided on a certain level that development for webOS is worth their time. The negative is that we had something that iphone didn't and now for all intents and purposes we lose that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast