1.    #1  
    I will be traveling out the country next week and was wondering I am able to disable the voice and data services and only use wifi for emailing and web surfing.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Go into to airplane mode then wait a few seconds and then just turn on WiFi.

Do this by tapping on the upper right corner of the screen.
  3.    #3  
    Two more questions:

Will Google chat work via the buddies list?

Will the homebrew google voice apps work on wifi only?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Yes and Yes... any app that uses just data will work just fine. Tested with AOL buddies, but should work with google.
    No gps apps though.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jschles View Post
    I will be traveling out the country next week and was wondering I am able to disable the voice and data services and only use wifi for emailing and web surfing.

Thanks.
    I spent 2 weeks in europe w/ my pre in wifi-only mode.. It actually works great! (the gps even works in this mode..)
    -mark
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkfox View Post
    Yes and Yes... any app that uses just data will work just fine. Tested with AOL buddies, but should work with google.
    No gps apps though.
    My gps worked fine.. (I actually used google maps once (off an open wifi signal) when I was lost searching walking back to our hotel in Sweden.
    -m
  7.    #7  
    So what is everyone using for google voice? gDial Pro?
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Yeah GPS will work because it's a standalone chip, it doesn't use just A-GPS (cellphone triangulation) like some of the older phones (iphone?)