1.    #1  
    Why is my pre web browser displaying pages in "mobile view"? I thought it was supposed to display everything in full view. When I goto google.com, espn.com, and time magazine's site, they all are in mobile version. I want them in regular "non mobile" version.

Did they recently change something to cause this? Alot of reviews claim it displays in normal non-mobile mode, but not mine.
    It's on the server side, not on your Pre. The server detects your browser's user agent and forwards you to the mobile version automatically.
    Unfortunately without the ability to change what the Pre sends as your browser information there isn't an easy way (without rooting) to get redirected to the main site unless there is an option available on the website you are visiting.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I've only had 1 or 2 sites do that to me and I simply choose regular view from that site.

It's just a site thing, trying to help mobile users out, but you have the choice.
  5.    #5  
    I understand why it's doing it on the server side. However, some phones offer the capability to let the server see the client browser as something like IE or firefox in order to prevent mobile page views from showing up.

Many pre reviews touted how the pages were full size. I just read one saying that when you goto time magazine's site, you get the full page, but this is not true, you get the ****ty mobile version.

WEAK!
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windom View Post
    Why is my pre web browser displaying pages in "mobile view"? I thought it was supposed to display everything in full view. When I goto google.com, espn.com, and time magazine's site, they all are in mobile version. I want them in regular "non mobile" version.

Did they recently change something to cause this? Alot of reviews claim it displays in normal non-mobile mode, but not mine.
    The google and espn mobile sites have links at the bottom to the full site.
    Go Bucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Unfortunately without the ability to change what the Pre sends as your browser information there isn't an easy way (without rooting) to get redirected to the main site unless there is an option available on the website you are visiting.
    When I first got the Pre, I tried the youtube app, but it did not give you the regular youtube page, just a mobile version. I wanted to watch shows. So, I opened the browser and went to youtube.com, and got the full version. Problem solved. Except recently, when I use the browser to go to youtube.com, I get a mobile version automatically, and I can't find a way to get out of the mobile version. Anyone know whether there is a way to get back to the non-mobile version?
    Quote Originally Posted by windom View Post
    Many pre reviews touted how the pages were full size. I just read one saying that when you goto time magazine's site, you get the full page, but this is not true, you get the ****ty mobile version.
    The reason many of the reviews mentioned viewing the full site was because the pages hadn't been updated to forward you to the mobile version, because the Pre hadn't been released yet (or had very recently been released).