Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I sent a text to my son yesterday. He was about four hours away, in the same state, and most certainly in the same time zone. When he replied almost instantly to my message it appeared as you can see in the attachment, showing a time difference. I've never had this happen before. I don't send too many texts and usually delete them right away so maybe I've missed this before. I'm just curious if it has happened to anyone else.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    I sent a text to my son yesterday. He was about four hours away, in the same state, and most certainly in the same time zone. When he replied almost instantly to my message it appeared as you can see in the attachment, showing a time difference. I've never had this happen before. I don't send too many texts and usually delete them right away so maybe I've missed this before. I'm just curious if it has happened to anyone else.
    thats happened to me b4
    It might've been that you were in an area with bad reception, and the phone didn't receive the message automatically but i'm guessing its stored in Sprints systems so it can be delivered once the phone has enough reception.

It happens to me when i put the phone in an area of my room where it doesn't get much signal. I'll get the texts when i move it, with the time stamp of when they were sent. I actually like it, makes me know that i'm not missing out on any texts even if the phone is in an area with bad reception.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I get four bars in my living room, which is where I was. The strange thing to me is the time difference.
    This has happened to me as well... I didn't take a screen shot of it right away, and when I went to take a screen shot of it at night to post here the time had been corrected.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Yeah, i got that once when I got a text while my phone was rebooting. It was the middle of the day and the timestamp was something like 2 in the morning or something.
    depending on where you were it may have went into another timezoned server. once there it tried to autocorrect and went the wrong way.

It also could be one of the Phones doesn't have the TimeZone set and the servers are just ramdomly picking as they choose.

Or lastly it could be the PRE is allowing you to Time Warp and that's real cool.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    I recently had Sprint replace my Pre as defective because it would not accept incoming calls. I experienced what you saw in the days leading up to the replacement. I didn't get SMSs for a full 29 hours because of this defect on the phone. When I did get the SMSs delivered (momentary lapses of clarity in the fog of insanity) to my Pre they were timestamped as you show. Funny though that incoming calls never came through, but SMS did --albeit sporadically. I received several SMSs sent during those 29 hours before I noticed the problem of no incoming calls over the space of several hours, not all at once. This again could be explained by faulty "reception." I put the word in quotes because I saw full bars and I could make outbound calls and had EV-DO service.