1.    #1  
    So i was just messing around listening to songs on my Pre in my car. i was thinking hey plug in my MP3 adapter and see if i can listen to music in my car, you know cuz some people dont have IPODS. I plugged in the adapter to my 3.5 jack and set the station and poof it was playing the music from my Pre. I was like COOOOOL, but then i get a text from my girlfriend and the text notification sound was also heard threw my car speakers. HMMMM i was thinking, i asked my girlfriend to call me and holy cow her voice came threw the car speakers. She heard me perfectly and i heard her perfectly but she did complain of slight echoing. Just wanted to share this little Nifty handsfree feature i discovered.

P.S. if this was already figured out i am sorry for posting this and please disregard.
    It was already discovered....back in the Treo days!

But its a GREAT feature!
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheech004 View Post
    P.S. if this was already figured out i am sorry for posting this and please disregard.
    Ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheech004 View Post
    So i was just messing around listening to songs on my Pre in my car. i was thinking hey plug in my MP3 adapter and see if i can listen to music in my car, you know cuz some people dont have IPODS. I plugged in the adapter to my 3.5 jack and set the station and poof it was playing the music from my Pre. I was like COOOOOL, but then i get a text from my girlfriend and the text notification sound was also heard threw my car speakers. HMMMM i was thinking, i asked my girlfriend to call me and holy cow her voice came threw the car speakers. She heard me perfectly and i heard her perfectly but she did complain of slight echoing. Just wanted to share this little Nifty handsfree feature i discovered.

Does this work with any car adapter? I was just wondering about this yesterday... I got a call while on the road and had my Pre in the dashboard holder playing some tunes. Then I remember putting it on speakerphone to talk but i'm not sure if I unplugged the wire or not... I think I did but it would be cool if I could just answer and talk through the speakers or even the speakerphone without unplugging the wire. I have an old cassette adapter from my old CD walkman... I have an old car... So is it good with any car adapter?
  5.    #7  
    ok, i guess i am not the only one, but for me i was excited knowing that it could do this so i wanted to post. but as i said if this nifty feature was already discovered then to disregard the thread, sorry all.
  6.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBiggles View Post
    Does this work with any car adapter? I was just wondering about this yesterday... I got a call while on the road and had my Pre in the dashboard holder playing some tunes. Then I remember putting it on speakerphone to talk but i'm not sure if I unplugged the wire or not... I think I did but it would be cool if I could just answer and talk through the speakers or even the speakerphone without unplugging the wire. I have an old cassette adapter from my old CD walkman... I have an old car... So is it good with any car adapter?
    Any? i dont know, sorry. for me it worked on those fm radio Mp3 hook ups, reading the articles i see theres other ways to connect also as in cassete tape adapter.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    It's not magic. Any phone with an earphone jack will do it. My old Sanyo M1 would do it and so did my Samsung from before that (which goes back almost 7 years)

You're just sending the audio out the earphone port, just like you are with, earphones.
    just curious why did you have to put it on a certain station to get music. I knew you could do this with any phone with a aux but I didn't know you had to tune in to a station to get sound.

I am assuming you have a cassette aux connection
    I tried this on my pre in my Avalanche and I heard people talk beautifully, but they couldn't here me. I thought the phone thought it was a headset and disabled the phone mic......strange.

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    Quote Originally Posted by twizardt View Post
    I tried this on my pre in my Avalanche and I heard people talk beautifully, but they couldn't here me. I thought the phone thought it was a headset and disabled the phone mic......strange.
    has this happened multiple times? if not, try it again. one time when the girlfriend called me the mic was not working for some reason.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I have been using this feature since day 1..it's super cool and keeps me from wearing a bluetooth and looking like a d0uche. I got pandora playing, gps running if I'm outta town, and take calls from it. And I don't know what kind of trouble you had twizardt, but the mic works fine for me, I leave the phone on the passenger seat. Try it again, see if it works now.
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    has this happened multiple times? if not, try it again. one time when the girlfriend called me the mic was not working for some reason.
    No, just the one and only time I tried it. I figured it was trying to use the mic on the cord that didn't exist. Ill give it another try....thanks!

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    Dude, that's so June 6.