49 69.01%
  • I prefer to use Google Voice Web interface

4 5.63%
  • I do Not use Google Voice

3 4.23%
  • What's Google Voice?

1 1.41%
  1.    #1  
    Ok since the recent upgrades to both applications what does everyone who uses Google Voice think of these 2 Excellent Apps.

I like the look & feel of dkGoogle Voice its lacking in confirmation of web dial or sms sent keeps me using the Gdial pro.

What are your thoughts.

These Are 2 of my favorite utility Apps.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    You left one off

*Who doesn't care because it this is a Pre sub-forum.
    I prefer my own method which allows me to utilize the Universal Search and Speed Dial features.

Google Voice on Palm Pre
    Last edited by PalmOD; 08/07/2009 at 04:10 PM.
    Pick 3/5? Is this a sprint feature I'm not aware of?
    Quote Originally Posted by whippingboy View Post
    Search and you'll find out all the info on it. Been alot of discussion about it.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Search and you'll find out all the info on it. Been alot of discussion about it.
    You have to have a 900 min or more plan to be eligible for pick 3/5 I called today to talk with Sprint Customer retention rep and tried to add this to my wifes plan , they added an additional 150 bonus minutes and unlimted text to her talk plan
    Has anyone's opinion changed since these apps have had time to develop?
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Has anyone's opinion changed since these apps have had time to develop?
    My opinion has changed for the better! I have been using GDial Pro and it works even better with the latest update. It even allows for Universal Search once you launch the app. I highly recommend the app if you haven't tried it.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I use GDial Pro because dkGoogleVoice won't let me push the talk button to make a call >.<
    I use gDial pro, because updates are frequent, the developer is incredibly responsive, the interface is great, the icon is cool, and every feature I was looking for had been integrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by whippingboy View Post
    Pick 3 or 5 is a plan an add-on that is available through the Sprint retention dept reps (866-235-1185 direct dial). It's a bone they can throw to keep customers happy and is used and applied soley at the rep's discretion. Many, many posts here on how folks have either had it added with ease, or been denied for whatever reason, or asked to extend their contract, or even asked to pay. I really think it boils down to what mood the rep is in (or the mood you put him/her in) when you call.

My experience (I have the 450 min Everything Data plan): I called and made a simple, polite inquiry as to whether or not I could get the pick 5 added and they did it on the spot -- no contract extensions, no threats to cancel, etc. They asked for 3 numbers, then 2 more. It shows up on your plan add-ons as 2 separate line entries:

3 Numbers, Any Network
    2 Add'l Numbers, Any Network

Once you begin to make calls, you'll see a "Mobile-2-Home" heading under your account usage where the minutes for all pick 3/5 calls are totaled together.
    Quote Originally Posted by boogaloo1 View Post
    My opinion has changed for the better! I have been using GDial Pro and it works even better with the latest update. It even allows for Universal Search once you launch the app. I highly recommend the app if you haven't tried it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaDAk View Post
    I use GDial Pro because dkGoogleVoice won't let me push the talk button to make a call >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    I use gDial pro, because updates are frequent, the developer is incredibly responsive, the interface is great, the icon is cool, and every feature I was looking for had been integrated.
    All good information.