1.    #1  
    This is so weird. I got up today to make some calls, and my headpiece doesn't work. I tried making a few calls, and I would hear no dial tone, and I thought it was the sprint network. But I tried to do the same call on speaker phone, and they all worked.

I don't know what it is. I restarted the phone maybe 4-5 times, and I am still having the same issue.

The crappy thing is that I was the first ones to buy this phone, so my 30-day guarantee is over.

Anyone else have this problem or issue? I mean the phone is in good quality, and there should be no issues. No water damage, no nothing.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    What "headpiece" are you talking about? If the ear phones that came with it, do you have something else with a 3.5mm that you can test? Little portable speakers, other ear phones etc.?

When you plug them/it in, does the phones speaker turn off as it should?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    What "headpiece" are you talking about? If the ear phones that came with it, do you have something else with a 3.5mm that you can test? Little portable speakers, other ear phones etc.?

When you plug them/it in, does the phones speaker turn off as it should?

I am sorry, I think I need to clarify. I am talking about the phone itself. There are two options, for speaker, and for regular talking, by putting the phone by your ear. The speaker option works, but there is no sound when I try to talk on the phone regularly. Idk what happened all of a sudden. So now if I want to make calls, I either have to be in speaker, or connect a 3.5mm jack, as the regular way doesn't work.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    AH, gotcha!

Not sure what to say.
    You need to get your 3.5mm headphone and plug it in and out a few times. You have the hw bug that has to deal with the 3.5mm (probably dll issue with the driver). Do that or you can do the audio self test that usually clears up this issue.

Go to third page of Launcher > device info > (scroll down) more options > press the top left corner icon Preferences > interactive tests > audio.

Run that test. It doesn't always work but a good portion of the time it does. As I stated before, if it doesn't, just use the 3.5mm plug (in and out several times to release the stuck pin/dll)

Hope this helps.
  6.    #6  
    I ran the tests, and the result are weird.

I ran it the first time, and no audio came out at all, for anything. Speaker, headset, phone, nothing.

I ran it again, and it worked for speaker, but not phone.

I ran it again, and it worked for everything. Yet, I still can't use the phone set.

I also tried the 3.5 mm jack, and plugged it in numerous times, and it didn't fix the issue.

Will sprint fix this?

I don't have insurance, and I really don't want to send it to Palm for two weeks. I am also out of the 30-day return policy.
    Well first problem, you don't have insurance on a smart-phone? Are you kidding? Lol

You can call Palm tech support. You have 90days of tech support with the Pre. I'm surprised that the 3.5mm insertion didn't work for you.

Try running Pandora and then plug the jack in several times.
  8.    #8  
    I thought it was one-year warranty. Isn't that the norm?

There are a lot of issues with this phone in general, a lot of design/hardware issues. I would think the warranty/tech support would be much longer.
  9.    #9  
    I just went to the Sprint store and gave it to the repair center. They told me to come back in 2 hours, and when I came back, they told me they had to replace the phone.

I asked them what the problem was, but I don't think they knew what the exact issue was.
    At least you got a new phone. Seen that problem before with other Pres. Seems like a hw dll issue. Most have been replaced.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashakouri1 View Post
    This is so weird. I got up today to make some calls, and my headpiece doesn't work. I tried making a few calls, and I would hear no dial tone, and I thought it was the sprint network. But I tried to do the same call on speaker phone, and they all worked.

I don't know what it is. I restarted the phone maybe 4-5 times, and I am still having the same issue.

The crappy thing is that I was the first ones to buy this phone, so my 30-day guarantee is over.

Anyone else have this problem or issue? I mean the phone is in good quality, and there should be no issues. No water damage, no nothing.
    If you are referring to the ear piece on your phone then yes that has happened to me...

It happened just after I installed the 1.0.4 update. I went to make a phone call and I could not hear a thing via the ear piece!! So to make sure it was not working I made another call and transfered it to the speaker phone and was able to hear the call...

So I then took my phone back to Best Buy and explained the problem to them and they checked it out, seen that in fact the ear piece gave out one me and replaced my pre with no problem...
    Thanks OP- this just happened to me today!
    I was listening to Pandora on external speakers. Later when I went to answer a call I was freaking out as I heard nothing- only the speaker phone worked!

Thanks Achill3s for the fix- insterting and removing the 3.5 plug worked for me.

I have had the phone since June 6th with only a loose battery problem. I'll try it out for the next couple of days, but do you think this hw bug warrents returning the phone?