Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    yep I made a mistake. you see, I'm not perfect. no one is. To me calling you names would have entailed saying you are a fanboy, b...tch, nerd, etc. I would never do that. I simply provided direct and constructive feedback on your write-up...I have difficulty piecing your writing together, not just on this thread, but in general. I guess we all have different writing styles and so I need to let this go (and will).
    Excellent. At least you acknowledge that you are having difficulty understanding, rather than calling me illogical and stating that I'm not thinking. I'm at a little bit of a loss as to how you differentiate that from any other name-callling, but at least you acknowledge that it might be you simply not understanding my writing style.

To me multitasking/running apps at the same time means about the same thing and so in all my posts I used the terms interchangeably.
    Well, at least you're finally beginning to get a glimmer of my point. To you, they may be the same thing, but they are, in fact, not the same thing.
    It would appear that you're saying "While the terms I use are not exactly interchangable, my meaning is."

It would also appear that you want to hold Sprint (and I'll emphasize again, it's not Palm, it's Sprint) to a different standard.

While it's technically correct that the iPhone can run multiple apps at the same time, that's true of just about any phone on the market today that can run any app besides just the phone app.

Get a cheap dumb phone that can run Java. Start playing a Java based game. Suddenly the phone rings - because it's running two apps at the same time! (actually more than two apps, but I'm not going to get that detailed).

There is no doubt in my mind that this is not what Sprint was talking about in the ad. I believe that what they were talking about is exactly as I described before. The ability to download a program, and have it run at the same time the program you downloaded yesterday is running.

The Pre does this. The iPhone does not.

Based on that, I don't believe the particular print ad was misleading.

As for the other ads, it can easily be said that the some of them are technically wrong (c'mon, we all know that the creepy lady's phone [who I happen to like, flame me for that now] doesn't really "read her mind"). However, the impression they are meant to give is not - that the phone "seems" to do those things. It seems to read her mind. It seems as if there's a bunch of chinese dancers inside the phone makeing all those neat looking things happen... Well, OK, that one may be misleading, but you get my point.

The bigger point though, is let someone disagree with you without questioning their thinking ability, memory, logic, etc. Those are personal attacks.

You answered my last question about the print ad. You do not believe the iPhone can run multiple applications at the same time and so you do not believe the ad was misleading. And so let's agree to disagree on this and leave it at that.
    And you still missread what I wrote. The statement that I "do not believe the iPhone can run miltiple applications at the same time" is incorrect. I not only believe it, I know that it can. Technically. Just as I know that technically, running multiple apps and multitasking are not the same thing (let's not even bring multi-threading into it all).

However, I do not believe that you can just randomly pick an app from the App Store, and expect it to run at the same time as another app you picked from the App Store.

And I do believe that you can just randomly pick an app from the App Catalog and expect it to run at the same tim as another app you picked from the App Catalog.

Finally, I believe that is the impression that Sprint was trying to make, and that it wasn't misleading.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

While it's technically correct that the iPhone can run multiple apps at the same time, that's true of just about any phone on the market today that can run any app besides just the phone app.

Get a cheap dumb phone that can run Java. Start playing a Java based game. Suddenly the phone rings - because it's running two apps at the same time! (actually more than two apps, but I'm not going to get that detailed).

There is no doubt in my mind that this is not what Sprint was talking about in the ad. I believe that what they were talking about is exactly as I described before. The ability to download a program, and have it run at the same time the program you downloaded yesterday is running.

The Pre does this. The iPhone does not.

Based on that, I don't believe the particular print ad was misleading.

Finally, I believe that is the impression that Sprint was trying to make, and that it wasn't misleading.

It's amazing that you believe you know for sure what Sprint meant to convey in the print ad. Do you have inside sources that have confirmed this? Would any lay person reading the ad have the same impression? I'd hate to question your logic or style again so please help me understand better why you are so sure of what the ad was focused on and why that could not have been conveyed in a clearer manner. maybe you wrote it, and that's why? :-)
    It's amazing that you believe you know for sure what Sprint meant to convey in the print ad. Do you have inside sources that have confirmed this? Would any lay person reading the ad have the same impression? I'd hate to question your logic or style again so please help me understand better why you are so sure of what the ad was focused on and why that could not have been conveyed in a clearer manner. maybe you wrote it, and that's why? :-)
    Nope, no inside information, just what I happen to believe. As I've said, this is all about opinion.
    I don't believe I said it couldn't have been "conveyed in a clearer manner". As to the rest of your nonsense, you know the "maybe you wrote it" just more of your personal attack.

Do you always take someone disagreeing with you so personally?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Someone get an iPhone and run Pandora and check your e-mail at the same time.

Case closed, imo.
  5.    #85  
    @really mobile and @hparsons both make valid points. Although I still believe that the ad is misleading, I can certainly see that not everyone would interpret it that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    @really mobile and @hparsons both make valid points. Although I still believe that the ad is misleading, I can certainly see that not everyone would interpret it that way.
    Agreed. We interpreted it differently which is ok. I call a truce.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345