1.    #1  
    Ok I have been a long time Sprint customer and my contract has been up for awhile. Finally think I am going to make the shift to the Pre but there were some questions I had. Called customer service went through everything with them.

Here is where I am so very confused. They told me if I signed a new contract with them over the phone they would give me a $70 credit per line (2 lines on the account). But this would in no way impact the price at Best Buy I would still be eligible for the price of $199 (Which you know has the $100 mail in up front and all the other price incentives).

Oh and it in no way impacts all the incentives my wife would get when she eventually upgrades her phone because she is not ready to yet.

If this is right it is a great deal but just seems a little too good you know?
    This is true I went through the same thing and had the same questions but it all worked out. They call it their loyalty rewards
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jim312uav View Post
    Ok I have been a long time Sprint customer and my contract has been up for awhile. Finally think I am going to make the shift to the Pre but there were some questions I had. Called customer service went through everything with them.

Here is where I am so very confused. They told me if I signed a new contract with them over the phone they would give me a $70 credit per line (2 lines on the account). But this would in no way impact the price at Best Buy I would still be eligible for the price of $199 (Which you know has the $100 mail in up front and all the other price incentives).

Oh and it in no way impacts all the incentives my wife would get when she eventually upgrades her phone because she is not ready to yet.

If this is right it is a great deal but just seems a little too good you know?
    Yes, they'll give you a $70 per line credit if you re-up a 2 year. Actually, the Agent I spoke to on the phone added the credit right then and there.

This is discussed on several threads. But the $70 per line is done only by CS on the phone and/or email (although via email they may say it's only 1 credit, they're wrong).

It's not a bad deal at all. Oh, and they'll do it if you sign up through a Sprint store too, the store just can't do it.
    I got this last year when I called up inquiring about getting a new phone as well. And recently I got a months free of service from some sort of long term customer thing. I also have bonus minutes on my line for having been such a long term customer. I got them a couple years ago. These little things are why I like sprint so much. I simply can't pass up perks like this to pay more with another carrier.