1.    #1  
    I'm getting an install error when I install apps using the file coaster app. Help?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    How are you trying to install and what error are you getting?
  3.    #3  
    I'm using file coaster, clicking on homebrew apps, and downloading it from the bar on the bottom. It was working, then it started saying...."downloading" then it says "install error"...
    I get that occasionally. All I do is close fileCoaster, reopen it, and try again and it generally works just fine.
  5.    #5  
    I did that. It won't work. And if I delete a random app, and then try it works. It won't even install from my PC but I have 4GB of space left???
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch2k12 View Post
    I did that. It won't work. And if I delete a random app, and then try it works. It won't even install from my PC but I have 4GB of space left???
    how many apps do you have installed? Regardless of how much you actually have left on the Pre, you only have a certain about for that partition that the homebrew apps write to.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Reinstall filecoaster?
  8.    #8  
    66 apps. About 12 or so are Palm apps from the App Catalog. I have 4.6 gb left. If thats all the apps I can have, then im taking this thing back...
    For some dumb reason Palm put a partition on the thing not big enough...right now I have over 100 apps on my phone (nonrooted). I just depends on the size of the files you download some are bigger then others. The full Bible app is a space hog at the moment.
    What ya expect..this is WebOs 1.1 not 2.0!!!

BUT...that is NO reason to take back this awesome phone...how many apps you use a day anyways...can it is easy as pie now to download if needed on the fly even from the homebrew selection.

My advise...quit trying to keep so many apps, most people only use half depending on lifestyle, the other half you have just ot have and never use. I do the same thing...so cut the fluff and download the ones you use...games are not important to keep on all the time, so download when necessary.

Iphone i know has like 50000 apps, most people only use 20 of those...so why slow down the system with filling it up with junk!
  10.    #10  
    Still, if I can only have 70 apps? Plus its more convenient. Im not talking about 5000 apps tho, although I do see your point. Its the ease of having them there if you want. Is there anyway to get past this partition thing? Also, is the partition for "real" apps bigger? Is this only a limit for homebrews? And also, do you think this partition will be lifted/changed?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I haven't looked but I'm guessing it is all apps not just homebrew since the homebrew is using the SDK method. I would also guess that Palm will increase the size of the partition once the AppStore gets up and running.
  12.    #12  
    Oh yeah....As of right now, Palm thinks we have around 30 apps to choose from. That seems stupid in general though? Thats just another restriction they will have to take extra time to mess with....
    Just be patient....it should/will change...this is going to be a long fun ride to be able to see how WebOS grows up.

Only other phone that competes is IPhone and it stinks, and only other mobile OS competing with capabilities is WinMo6.1 so...and its buggy for a 6 generation OS.

Just hang in there.