Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Hey everyone! I'm hoping there are more of you out there like me!

Dope wars is one of those games everyone loves and has played at least once in there life. It's one of those classics like the original Wolfenstein. It never gets old.

I happened to get, what I considered to be a really high score in Pre Dope Wars. So I screen-shot it so as to post it here. Hoping all of you will do the same with your high scores. Get a little competition going!

Big shout out to sacherjj for taking the time to do this for all of us! Thanks man! Donate if you can!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sacher is the man!
    Well, I just figured out what will be occupying my time for the next hour or so...
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Oh btw, for people who don't know; To take a screen-shot press and hold [Orange] + [Sym] + [P]
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
    Hey everyone! I'm hoping there are more of you out there like me!

Dope wars is one of those games everyone loves and has played at least once in there life. It's one of those classics like the original Wolfenstein. It never gets old.

I happened to get, what I considered to be a really high score in Pre Dope Wars. So I screen-shot it so as to post it here. Hoping all of you will do the same with your high scores. Get a little competition going!

Big shout out to sacherjj for taking the time to do this for all of us! Thanks man! Donate if you can!
    I'm obviously not playing this game right.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    I'm obviously not playing this game right.
    As in?

-you don't like the game
    -haven't scored very high
    -can't figure out how to play
    -?
    As in?

-you don't like the game
    -haven't scored very high
    -can't figure out how to play
    -?
    I like the game.
    But haven't scored very high.
    So I guess I *don't* know how to play the game.

Tips?
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I like the game.

Tips?
    My personal strategy is not to d!ck around with small qty's. Always buy as much of something as you can when it's cheap. Then obviously sell high. Once you get a few grand in the bank, Try and make money off of crack. Buy around 2-3k and sell for 6-10k. Once you've got cash flow from that, just deal coke. Buy cheap mass qty's and sell high. Also, always upgrade when asked. That and a little luck will do it!
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I like the game.

Tips?
    Sell a lot of coke and heroin.

EDIT: I just downloaded the Pre version, it's different than the PalmOS version I used to play. I'm guessing heroin is now crack.
    My personal strategy is not to d!ck around with small qty's. Always buy as much of something as you can when it's cheap. Then obviously sell high. Once you get a few grand in the bank, Try and make money off of crack. Buy around 2-3k and sell for 6-10k. Once you've got cash flow from that, just deal coke. Buy cheap mass qty's and sell high. Also, always upgrade when asked. That and a little luck will do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Sell a lot of coke and heroin.
    Thanks. Do you guys always buy/sell something EVERY time you jet?
    I need to make the Bank and Loan Shark only available in Bronx. Currently it is WAY too easy to make money. Go to a location and look for good prices. Borrow max from Loan Shark, buy all you can. Jet and sell, pay back shark.

I'll be reworking the price and chance engine this weekend to make things more natural. Also re-factoring for a bunch of more interesting levels.

Glad everyone is having fun.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Thanks. Do you guys always buy/sell something EVERY time you jet?
    Usually, but not always. Sucks cuz you lose a day but if you can't make money, move on.

Another thing to point out. If your bag is full but you can get a high profit drug cheap, sell what you've got, take the loss, and buy the drug if the potential gain from that drug is higher.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I need to make the Bank and Loan Shark only available in Bronx. Currently it is WAY too easy to make money. Go to a location and look for good prices. Borrow max from Loan Shark, buy all you can. Jet and sell, pay back shark.

I'll be reworking the price and chance engine this weekend to make things more natural. Also re-factoring for a bunch of more interesting levels.

Glad everyone is having fun.
    I think I'm playing your original release. Didn't stop at the bank at all. Don't think you can in this version. Can you?
    Make sure to get the latest out of the Homebrew Gallery. Did an update last night. I should email my Alpha testers. Didn't think about that.
    Is part of the game *not* knowing what the average street price of the drugs are? I sometimes forget the range and end up buying high.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Is part of the game *not* knowing what the average street price of the drugs are? I sometimes forget the range and end up buying high.

Yup. Start paying attention to them and getting an idea for good and bad prices. Just like real life drug dealin'
    Yup. Start paying attention to them and getting an idea for good and bad prices. Just like real life drug dealin'
    Gotcha. Here is my latest. Not too too bad I guess.

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Gotcha. Here is my latest. Not too too bad I guess.

Not bad at all! You seem to have picked it up pretty well!

I should mention that I've never scored anywhere near my highscore before, nor do I feel I will ever again...
    Man I used to waste away class in High School playing this on a TI-83. We need to be able to buy plane tickets to CUBA for cheaper drugs but higher risk (ie airport security).
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Just to let you know.... I was able to repay the loanshark without having enough money on hand. That made my cash go into the negative.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast