Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Just to give a little history...I was a hard core PALM person. PALM III to PALM 755p. I got tired of not being able to get emails and the phone reseting or crashing all time so I switched to the BB 8830. I like the instant email, but miss the power and customization of the PALM phones. Now my job has switched to Exchange 2007 w. ISA server for OWA, so I can't get my emails easily. WinMo phones have no problem with syncing through EAS, but I just can't get my head around the WinMo OS. Here are my questions?

Can the PRE get email from a work email account w. Exchange 2007 w. ISA for OWA?

How clunkly is Classic for accessing apps such as MyBible or eReader (which I use alot)?

Any other comments for a business user would be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtoatley View Post
    Just to give a little history...I was a hard core PALM person. PALM III to PALM 755p. I got tired of not being able to get emails and the phone reseting or crashing all time so I switched to the BB 8830. I like the instant email, but miss the power and customization of the PALM phones. Now my job has switched to Exchange 2007 w. ISA server for OWA, so I can't get my emails easily. WinMo phones have no problem with syncing through EAS, but I just can't get my head around the WinMo OS. Here are my questions?

Can the PRE get email from a work email account w. Exchange 2007 w. ISA for OWA?

How clunkly is Classic for accessing apps such as MyBible or eReader (which I use alot)?

Any other comments for a business user would be good.
    I'm pretty sure the Pre can handle Exchange 2007, but I'll let someone who knows for certain confirm. There is a homebrew Pre app called "Simple Bible" found here:

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/simple-bible

I dunno how well Classic works, but it seems decent enough, it looks just like you're on an older PalmOS phone. Is eReader a book reading app? If so, theres an official app that allows you to purchase books and read them on the phone... Called "Shortcovers".
    Hi,

It will work with Exchange 2007 though I haven't tested with all the available security policies, encryption being one of the ones I haven't tested. What I don't know is the ISA (I'm guessing you're talking about Microft's proxy server) aspect of it. We publish EAS via a reverse proxy so I know it will work with a proxy I just can't speak for Microsoft's ISA.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    can't speak for exchange, but pre does well with MyBible on Classic. i have version 4.202 and works just like it did with my centro and palm tx.