Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I left Helio two weeks ago and woke up to find Sprint working a deal to buy them ala Virgin Mobile. Funny little world, isn't it?

I'm new to PreCentral, so I wanted to introduce myself. I've been tracking the Pre on PreCentral for months. This place is THE BEST resource for the Palm Pre anywhere on the net. Thanks for all the great info.

I had an Ocean, loved it for 6 months but fell out of love when I realized it was not going to go anywhere. I stuck out my contract as I refuse to pay ETF's. Researched a ton and ruled out the iPhone as it is with AT&T (bad coverage) plus it is so trendy. I like an underdog (that's why I had a SideKick and an Ocean). I think Palm has something with this device and I want to be part of the ride. Don't let me down Palm.

My muscle memory is finally letting go of the Ocean and the Pre is feeling sooooo slick. How did I ever live without a touch screen?!? And the web...WOW! It is finally usable on a phone! While the Pre isn't perfect (trying to get a replacement right now for the infamous Oreo effect), I feel like I jumped a decade ahead in terms of technology.

Glad to toss one back with the family here at PreCentral.

Cheers,

Jamboaz
    I'm still in love with the Ultimate Inbox. I hope Palm does an update that does something similar so I can just outright buy it from Palm and use it with my Helio service.
    BTW, I'm still using the Ocean 2 even through all of it's crashing and resulting reboots because I really am a messaging *****. Besides Facebook updates, Palm needs to include Twitter updates too, if they haven't already.
    Enjoy your Pre, Jamboaz.
    I came from the Ocean 1. I still love that phone though lol. It sucks that Helio had to die the way it did, they were one of the the best a few years ago.
    hello old thread
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    hello old thread
    I didn't realize that until just now lol
  8. SAO
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ah Helio....I miss my Fin and Ocean. I wish we could swap phones like we could on the website, that was sweet.
    I wish we could use our old Helio phones on Sprint. They used to run on Srint towers anyway. My Ocean was so sturdy. And my Heat survived a season of landscaping work while in my pocket the whole time lol
    Quote Originally Posted by heliotrunksy View Post
    BTW, I'm still using the Ocean 2 even through all of it's crashing and resulting reboots because I really am a messaging *****. Besides Facebook updates, Palm needs to include Twitter updates too, if they haven't already.
    Palm doesn't make a Twitter app, only Facebook. However, there are several different twitter clients you can use from various developers.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I was going to buy an Ocean! But then Helio was bought by Virgin Mobile and it turned me off... So I got a Palm Centro and LOVED it. Then I got the Palm Pre... I wish I could have used an Ocean though.