Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Usually the forum had threads regarding the last two previous updates. Just wondering if anyone has word when the next update will be coming, and what they will be working on?

Cause there are still a lot of small little bugs here and there. Hopefully they take care of these as soon as possible.
    Uh signal? Let's get that fixed ok Palm? I'm betting when that gets fixed, so will the battery issues. The phone constantly hunting for a signal is killing the battery.
  3.    #3  
    The hands-free doesn't work with my car (Acura), no text forwarding, no universal copy paste, and I want to search my music by artist and song, but it won't let me do that, I have to search by artist or song. Also voice recording would be a big plus.
    Email Search would be great. TEXT FORWARDING....PLEASE!!
    How about adding at least the notifications for separate events that Windows Mobile has? Reminders and led notifications missing are pretty lame so far.
    To answer your question, no I have not heard of any rumors about updates. If you would like, I could start one.
    Has it been 2 weeks since 1.1 dropped? Feels like it's about time for 1.1.1, at least if they're keeping up their pace from before 1.1.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Psst 1.1.1 coming in 20 minutes... Pass it on
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Why don't bumble bees like peanut butter.

(figured I'd follow the mob avoiding the thread topic. )

I'm sure if notice of an update comes out, it'll be posted here in at least 14 threads as soon as someone can cut and paste the email.
    Yes i have heard rumors. This one comes straight from the mouth of a Palm Rep. Here is the link.

* Active X support
    * Video Recording
    * The ability to choose separate tones and mp3's for text, email, knowin caller........
    * Forwarding of text messages
    * Battery and CPU scaling

It was supposed to come out withing 40 days of him saying that so by my calculation we have to wait till the end of August. NE ways i am just excited about video recording and CPU scaling (better batery life)!
    Well, why don't bees like peanut butter?
    a few updates have been coming Friday night so maybe tonight?!
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    My list of things I'd like to see fixed or added (hmm... could have worded this email differently. "I spoke to a friend of my cousin's dog's dogwalker's uncle that said these updates were coming in the next update on Sept 1st")

- Signal - constantly switching 1x evdo
    - battery life - would like to see palm's implementation of the power hacks that are on here..
    - OFFICIAL TETHERING - I have an EVDO usb stick.. but there's times when I want to use my ipod touch 2g.. the tethering helps with that.
    - A game friendly SDK (i.e. flash support, better graphical supports in the SDK)
    - Camera macro-mode. I don't think this is possible (hardware issue) - is it?
    - video recording
    - Better google maps w/ lattitude support
    - Voice dialing
    - a working app store that will allow us to purchase the new 100+ apps that will be in it at launch.
    - Email searching - this is a big deal for me!
    - faster calendar (SLOOWWWW)
    - Better copy/paste. (palm really dropped the ball on this ****-poor implementation of copy/paste )
    - less lag when the phone is busy (the GUI can be slow when listening using bluetooth headsets)
    - better bluetooth stereo support - right now it slows down the phone too much (looking at 'top' from the command line, it takes a good 25-40% just to support bluetooth stereo). Also, in San Francisco (busy radio waves) too much interference at the default bitrate unless the pre's in my BACK pocket.. would love an option to optimize quality vs. cutouts

-mark
    Right...I will believe it when I see it.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    1.1.1a2x will be out after midnight tonight, and will included support for bees eating peanut butter.
    "1.1.1a2x will be out after midnight tonight, and will included support for bees eating peanut butter"

That would be awesome!!! I have always wondered that as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    Yes i have heard rumors. This one comes straight from the mouth of a Palm Rep. Here is the link.

* Active X support
    * Video Recording
    * The ability to choose separate tones and mp3's for text, email, knowin caller........

It was supposed to come out withing 40 days of him saying that so by my calculation we have to wait till the end of August. NE ways i am just excited about video recording and CPU scaling (better batery life)!
    ActiveX support? That would be rather bizarre...

Edit: Actually, maybe not so bizarre. If Palm wants to go after the corporate market, and the corporate market is using things like SharePoint that rely on ActiveX, then maybe that makes some crazy sense (like in, crazy like a fox).

Note that I just love speculating on rumors like this. It's an affliction.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post

* Active X support
    * Video Recording

Active-X will simply never happen. Active-X controls must be compiled for the target platform, which for the entirety of the internet it is Windows on x86. Very few people who develop Active-X bother the target the only non-x86 platform that can handle Active-X, IE Mobile in Windows Mobile on ARM.

For Palm to do this, they would need to run IE inside of WINE sitting on top of an x86 emulator. Not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    all I want is copy and paste in all live apps and the video recorder. I will be happy with just that for now. I really think palm rushed and left the copy and paste in all apps thinking maybe apple wouldn't add it. This really does remind me of what they did with the iphone. New technology always leaves something out at first as a teaser to get the next phone. ..... I really hope this is not the case here. I am not going to get the pre 2 if these updates don't have these changes
    I heard that WebOS 3.0 will becoming out in October & will include the Mets making the playoffs. At least that is what Jimmy Rollins was quoted as saying.

GO PHILLIES!!!!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast