Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grebnehtor View Post
    Uh signal? Let's get that fixed ok Palm? I'm betting when that gets fixed, so will the battery issues. The phone constantly hunting for a signal is killing the battery.
    ..Your so right! my 1st Pre bought on 7.15 with a build date of 7.7.09 was constantly searching for a signal I finally went in and they did a exchange, BUT they gave me REFURB so a week later I go in today and switch it out for a brand new in box......WELL....this one hardware is perfect but the phone is still constantly searching for a signal Im watching battery drain apx 3 to 4% every 15-30min without even touching it!!!!! Im pissed Im TIRED of going into sprint lol...I love this phone though Im going to charge it tonight I reset it updated network setting if battery still drains in intevals Im DONE lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    Active-X will simply never happen. Active-X controls must be compiled for the target platform, which for the entirety of the internet it is Windows on x86. Very few people who develop Active-X bother the target the only non-x86 platform that can handle Active-X, IE Mobile in Windows Mobile on ARM.

For Palm to do this, they would need to run IE inside of WINE sitting on top of an x86 emulator. Not going to happen.
    I think what the Palm rep was refering to was support for active-x plugins like flash and things so you dont need active-x. This was a big topic in the linux world a few years ago. Firefox supports a lot of active-x plugins. I found a good link when i posted in xda-forums but dont feel like looking for it now.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    fixed random shutdowns should be priority # 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ashakouri1 View Post
    The hands-free doesn't work with my car (Acura), no text forwarding, no universal copy paste, and I want to search my music by artist and song, but it won't let me do that, I have to search by artist or song. Also voice recording would be a big plus.
    Which Acura do you have?

I have the HFL for the TL and it pairs up.

Take this for what it's worth, but Acura has had issues in the past with defective HFL units....
    Video recording and flash would be nice
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    this wiil be cool im looking foward to text forwarding, universal copy paste,
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    fixed random shutdowns should be priority # 1
    I thought that was a hardware issue with the loose battery?
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    yep; it is. -m
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    yea the newer models have a little rubber from keeping that from happening so if you still have that issuse exchange it.
    it's more like a piece of foam that's placed on the bottom edge of the compartment.
    Well at least we know that canadians will get some new apps.

Palm's plan for Pre apps - The Globe and Mail

I wonder if a an update is less likely tomorrow as this version is stable and you don't want to monkey with software on release day if you can avoid it.
    thats cool..hopefully its true..because end of august is here. we're all grown. We dont want to hear fairy tales anymore.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12