Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I've noticed that SprintNav doesn't always find names of businesses as well as Google Maps. I wish there was an easy way to get the two to talk to each other or at least be able to copy/paste addresses since I can't use Google Maps as my turn-by-turn GPS.
    Sprint Nav is better, but if your doing something simple go with gmaps.

I wish Gmaps had the transit directions
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    I wish Gmaps had the transit directions
    and walking directions. Maybe next version (WM version has it already).
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKat View Post
    I continue to have problems with Sprint Nav finding and keeping my location, Google has always been a great alternative!
    I had what may be the same problem, but I believe I have fixed it....For several weeks, Sprint Nav would initially fix my position and give me driving directions, but after about 30 seconds, my position would stop updating, and I would see the little "no satellite fix" icon (looks like a satellite with solar panels that has a big red X splashed over it--Located near lower left corner of screen). Then I would get a message about how there was no satellite contact, my position couldn't be located, and I should move to an area of clear sky. This would happen on a prairie that had no buildings or trees and was flat from horizon to horizon.

I've read here that several people had called Sprint and the problem had been fixed after their phone was reset, so I tried resetting my phone myself. It worked, and Sprint Nav is doing fine now! Choose "Device Info" on your launcher, then pick "reset options" down near the bottom of the screen, and choose "partial erase". This will take several minutes and you will lose any Palm Memos as well as any arranging of icons on the launcher, but your MP3 and similar files should be unaffected, and any apps you have downloaded will still be there. For me, this solved the Sprint Nav problem!
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBinOK View Post
    I had what may be the same problem, but I believe I have fixed it....For several weeks, Sprint Nav would initially fix my position and give me driving directions, but after about 30 seconds, my position would stop updating, and I would see the little "no satellite fix" icon (looks like a satellite with solar panels that has a big red X splashed over it--Located near lower left corner of screen). Then I would get a message about how there was no satellite contact, my position couldn't be located, and I should move to an area of clear sky. This would happen on a prairie that had no buildings or trees and was flat from horizon to horizon.

I've read here that several people had called Sprint and the problem had been fixed after their phone was reset, so I tried resetting my phone myself. It worked, and Sprint Nav is doing fine now! Choose "Device Info" on your launcher, then pick "reset options" down near the bottom of the screen, and choose "partial erase". This will take several minutes and you will lose any Palm Memos as well as any arranging of icons on the launcher, but your MP3 and similar files should be unaffected, and any apps you have downloaded will still be there. For me, this solved the Sprint Nav problem!
    I'll be! Seems to have done the trick for me!
    Sprint Navigation: Best for: Out-of-town searching(!!), generic searches ("coffee shops"), free turn-by-turn, save function. Major dislikes: pinch zooming errors, default level of zoom is too wide, requiring said zooming.
    Google Maps: Best for: Showing LOCAL search results relative to current location, local traffic, street names. Major dislikes: boot-up is slow, can't save favorites or recent places.
    I love using Sprint Nav. I always use it, and if I can't find an address that is in G Maps or in just a general search using google, I simply just type the address that I find from Google into Sprint Nav and I'm good to go. I am very pleased with Sprints Navigation on the Pre. It has not let me down in a long long time. If I miss my turn, it updates within a few seconds.

I especially like using the "Search Along Route" option to go to a particular place like a bank or gas station without getting off track from your initial destination.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12