1.    #1  
    Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone knew about a netflix app that was in development or could be developed? You know, an app that would allow you to sign in to your netflix account and look up movie ratings, add them to your queue or instant queue, then stream movies on your pre that are in your instant queue? I think it'd be awesome for travelling.

-Garrett
    LG PM225 (Water Damage) > Palm 650p (Stolen) > LG Rumor (White Screen of Death) > Palm 600p (Died) > Samsung Instinct (HORRIBLE and somewhat defective software wise...) > Palm Pre!
    The API exists so it's possible to develop for. Whether anyone is working on one or not I have no idea.
    Testers for a closed beta were just requested for a NetFlix app the does what you ask.
  4.    #4  
    Yes! So it could easily be on the way then? That'd make my day...
    LG PM225 (Water Damage) > Palm 650p (Stolen) > LG Rumor (White Screen of Death) > Palm 600p (Died) > Samsung Instinct (HORRIBLE and somewhat defective software wise...) > Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Testers for a closed beta were just requested for a NetFlix app the does what you ask.
    Where did you read about that?

And we can really stream instant que movies on the Pre? That would be awesome, but I doubt it. Surprise us, Neflix!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Streaming will probably never happen since they use DRM from microsoft to do it. It would be one of the best apps ever if they can find a way around it. Imagine having a huge movie on demand catalog in your pocket!
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    Sprint would commit suicide if we all streamed movies from netflix

I use the netflix mobile website saved to the launcher for right now, but an app would be great.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I find the mobile netflix site nearly unuseable. I find it easier to use rotten tomatoes for browsing movies to find new releases or stuff I might have overlooked. There is a an add to netflix queue button for each movie. Not perfect, but I find it a bit more useful at least for browsing. Probably the easier way is to use the flixster app, which is good for browsing new DVD releases with several blurbs reviews and you can watch trailers too. Within the app you can launch RTomatoes and you can add movies that way. Again not perfect, but I usually don't know what I want to rent unless I know what is out there. But we definitely need a dedicated netflix app.
    Last edited by atom00; 08/08/2009 at 10:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    someone is working on an app for netflix (not streaming, but queues, etc..)

Search on here.. there was someone looking for ideas as to what to name his netflix app.
    -mark