1.    #1  
    I would like to see someone make an app that simply uses one of the many nutritional information websites for basically any food available and fit it into a nice, comfortable GUI. I know that webOS is supposedly very easy to code apps for, so is anybody up for doing this? I can't imagine it'd be that hard. Just sort of like any other website-powered app, fit into a webOS GUI.
    I would love to see this app developed sometime soon.
    I would love it if it queried the calorieking.com database. I'd love to write the app, but don't know enough to do it yet.
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I also miss calorie king. I had it on my treo for years and I miss it!
    Funny you should mention that! I just finished polishing one up today. I'm about to submit it. :-)

I wrote it against a new system called FatSecret because I didn't know about Calorie King. It may not be as robust. If people show enough interest, maybe I'll re-write it against the Calorie King database.

One thing worth nothing is that Calorie King actually charges the app's writer if it's popular and goes over certain usage amounts so it likely wouldn't be a free app.
    Last edited by alans17; 08/23/2009 at 07:26 PM. Reason: grammar fixed
    There was a iphone web app that might help you out. foodinfodb.com & m.foodinfodb.com
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by athena488 View Post
    I also miss calorie king. I had it on my treo for years and I miss it!
    I wrote them and asked them to make a native version for the Pre. My request was being forwarded to Development...like so many other comments, but they seem to make it for every platform so I'm hopeful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    I wrote them and asked them to make a native version for the Pre. My request was being forwarded to Development...like so many other comments, but they seem to make it for every platform so I'm hopeful!
    That would be the ultimate solution since it actually costs other developers money to hook into their database.
    I've created an official thread for the app I wrote over in the "Homebrew Apps" forum, but I can't paste a link because my post count isn't high enough for these forums yet. It's called "Nutrition Facts". You can see some screenshots and get a better description of it.
    Last edited by alans17; 08/23/2009 at 07:27 PM.