1.    #1  
    I do lots of texting. I have one contact that will not appear in sms chat list unless I search for him. Anyone know what causes this? Bug? Setting?
    the exact same thing happened to me last night. I also couldn't find that contact when I was sending pictures.
    Happened to me before with 2 different contacts. I had to go to device info, reset options, then partial erase. It was the only think that worked for me. But it will delete installed aps n reset info.
    If I understand your issue correctly, you may be experiencing something similar to a problem I had a couple years ago on my Treo. For some odd reason there where several contacts whose names/numbers would never show up in the Messaging app when I wanted to text them, even though they WERE stored in my Contacts. It was driving me crazy until one day I stumbled upon the problem.

At one point I was using the following convention to differentiate between a husband's and wife's cell numbers whenever I had them listed together in a contact entry (e.g., John & Jane Doe versus individual entries for John Doe and Jane Doe):
    Last: Doe
    First: John & Jane
    Home: 480-555-1212
    Work: 480-123-4567
    Mobile: 480-234-5678 (John)
    Mobile: 480-345-6789 (Jane)

As it turned out, whenever the number entry contained any other characters beyond the 10- or seven-digit phone number, the entry would NOT show up when I search in the Messaging app. However, when I removed the extra characters, the numbers DID show up. So I began always listing the husband's number first and the wife's second, so that whenever I searched for and found "John & Jane Doe" with two mobile numbers listed, I always knew for me which one was whose.

Anyway, all that to say, MAYBE you have some characters/letters/numbers in your contact's number field, or some similar type issue. Just a thought...

HTH,
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I had this happen recently. Don't bother with a partial erase. Just erase the contact from Contacts that is "missing" their chat in SMS. Then, re-add the contact. Their chat should now show up automagically in SMS.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    I had this happen recently. Don't bother with a partial erase. Just erase the contact from Contacts that is "missing" their chat in SMS. Then, re-add the contact. Their chat should now show up automagically in SMS.
    I will try that. Thanks.