Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Maybe I'm wrong...
    Yep. You're wrong.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Supposed to be if you are within your 30 days and not getting an insurance replacement.
  4.    #4  
    Say it again lol. So after 30 days, with insurance, they are always refurbished now?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    100 dollars for a refurb....way to go assurion
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Say it again lol. So after 30 days, with insurance, they are always refurbished now?
    Most likely Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Not always refurbished. Depends on what they have in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by lamboh View Post
    It's in the Assurion contract. I still don't know what's everyone's big hangup about refurbished products. I have never gotten a refurbished phone from Sprint or Assurion that looked used.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    my understanding is.. < 30 days - new phone.. >30 days refurb ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaki View Post
    my understanding is.. < 30 days - new phone.. >30 days refurb ...
    Pretty much except you can get a new phone after 30 days, if Sprint or Assurion is low on refurbs. I have gotten new phones as warranty replacements from Sprint before. When you get new they let you keep all the batteries and accessories from your first one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by lamboh View Post
    If you're paying the $100 dollar deductible it should be a new device in a box.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    If you're paying the $100 dollar deductible it should be a new device in a box.
    Man it sounds like I need you to negotiate my auto insurance policy. You think you can get me that new car only insurance policy you obviously believe I should have?
    I got a "refurb" but when I hit ##786# the build date was 7/23 and there was no recon date and no recondstatus.

I don't believe it is a refurb.. Even though it says it on the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by acipollo View Post
    I got a "refurb" but when I hit ##786# the build date was 7/23 and there was no recon date and no recondstatus.

I don't believe it is a refurb.. Even though it says it on the box.

It's highly likely it's just an OEM boxed phone. They can save alot of money by replacing the phone only in a cheap white box with no accessories vs. giving you a brand new retail box with accessories.
    When I got my replacement through asurion, it was new. (june 20). Came in new box w/battery and all accessoriews. Just as if you bought it from sprint. And I got to keep old battery and accessories. May have been before refurbs were available though.

And it is in the contract that they can give you a refurb.

Edit; and shows new in ##786 screen
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    It's highly likely it's just an OEM boxed phone. They can save alot of money by replacing the phone only in a cheap white box with no accessories vs. giving you a brand new retail box with accessories.

I was going to say that, but I didn't feel like typing it..
    My refurb was the best build I got out of three pres, so I'm not complaining.
    This is what Asurion sent me.

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    My replacement was in a tiny Sprint box clearly marked "refurb" on the side. I kept the battery since that fixed my prob and sent it back- it had a big gap between halves. The slider was smoother and the screen was flawless (mine has a scratch), but I just couldn't deal with that gap...
  19.    #19  
    Mine has a huge gap in between the slider, and it's very loose. You can move it side to side and it turns more than my original Pre. Also, you can pull the halves apart on the top and stick two quarters in between. Kind of unsettling. Waiting for another replacement.
    Are all of you dealing with assurion paying a 100 deductible?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast