Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Prethinking is comparing the OEM to the 3800 batteries in all views withs backs so that you can see what you pre would look like with these if you decide to purchase one. The show batteries stacked side by side with all cases on/off all angles and veiws. In-depth Look at Palm Pre Super Extended Battery! 2800mAh and Monstrous 3800 mAh, get your Pre running for*days. - all things Pre - PreThinking
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    nice story!! the super extended battery is ridiculously big. Im gonna wait until the batteries get smaller.
    Thank you! That was a really great set of photos.

The sad thing is they could have added another 50% to the life of each of the extended batteries by extending the battery down to the bottom of the phone just above the antennas. Yes, they would have to have a custom lithium polymer battery made but it is a shame to waste so much space with dead air.
    yeah my main concern is the fact that y pre would no longer fit in the belt holster that I have. Dont wanna have to buy an extended batt and then have to shell out even more dough for a larger holster.
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    Thank you! That was a really great set of photos.

The sad thing is they could have added another 50% to the life of each of the extended batteries by extending the battery down to the bottom of the phone just above the antennas. Yes, they would have to have a custom lithium polymer battery made but it is a shame to waste so much space with dead air.
    You wouldn't want to cover up the antennas with batteries though.
    Sorry, the the prices are a joke right?

$50, $90, and $130 ... the entire Pre is less than the largest extended battery!

Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Prethinking is comparing the OEM to the 3800 batteries in all views withs backs so that you can see what you pre would look like with these if you decide to purchase one. The show batteries stacked side by side with all cases on/off all angles and veiws. In-depth Look at Palm Pre Super Extended Battery! 2800mAh and Monstrous 3800 mAh, get your Pre running for*days. - all things Pre - PreThinking
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    Sorry, the the prices are a joke right?

$50, $90, and $130 ... the entire Pre is less than the largest extended battery!
    Ummm, where are you getting a pre for less than $130?
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    That 300mAh battery is crazy:|
    wow that 3800 is super huge i rather stay with the standard and carry a 1400 on my pocket so my pre dont lose its nice shape
    That super-huge battery is ridiculous... wow!
    I kinda like the back of the 2800 Amzer better than the 2600 Seidio. I for one don't mind the shiny back, and the Amzer back curves more like the original back does. Too bad they want so much more money for it compared to the Seidio, then again, you get a nicer back and 200 mAh more, at least on paper. Also, it seems like they did a better job on the cut out for the flash. We ought to email the boys at Pre Thinking and make sure they also test how well the flash works with the two bigger covers, since we all know that the Seidio cover has issues with it. If the flash on the 2800 cover works as well as it does on the stock cover, then I am tempted to spend a few bucks more to the get Amzer. Between a working flash, a nicer back, and 200 more mAh, it's almost worth it!
    Ha Ha yeah, hold on let me pull this brick out of my pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Ummm, where are you getting a pre for less than $130?
    A great number of us only paid $99 for ours.
    Man with that 3800 I might need a handtruck for my Pre! I'm torn between the Seidio 1350 and Amzer 1400. An extra 1-2 hours of use will do for now plus I'll have the stock charged and waiting if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Man with that 3800 I might need a handtruck for my Pre! I'm torn between the Seidio 1350 and Amzer 1400. An extra 1-2 hours of use will do for now plus I'll have the stock charged and waiting if needed.
    But what are you going to do when all those cool apps come out? All of a sudden you don't just do basic texting, talking and surfing anymore! You are using all sorts of apps, play games....that battery isn't going to make it through the day with the additional usage. That's my reasoning for getting a 2600 or 2800 battery. I can make it through the day just fine with normal usage, but once the Pre will be more than just my phone, all bets are off!
    While I can see why someone would want an extended battery I do not see the point of one that extends the back as it makes the touchstone pretty much useless...
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    But what are you going to do when all those cool apps come out? All of a sudden you don't just do basic texting, talking and surfing anymore! You are using all sorts of apps, play games....that battery isn't going to make it through the day with the additional usage. That's my reasoning for getting a 2600 or 2800 battery. I can make it through the day just fine with normal usage, but once the Pre will be more than just my phone, all bets are off!
    Good points but I figure by then there will be more batteries to choose from and they might come down a notch or two in price. Also remember, I will still have the extra battery if needed.
    I'll say this: depending on how you use your device, you may want as much "juice" as possible. Even the mighty iPod Touch, with 36 hrs of music playback capability, is humbled to just about an hour when playing any worthwhile game. So, if we're complaining about poor battery life on the Pre already, I can't imagine what games are going to do when they're introduced. The 3800 is just too much for my taste, but I believe I'll be looking at the 2800 down the road.
    does anyone know if they will make a 2600 or 2800 that will be compatible with the Touchstone???
    Quote Originally Posted by TT BomB View Post
    does anyone know if they will make a 2600 or 2800 that will be compatible with the Touchstone???
    Not as of now. The 2600 is made by Seidio and they have said on this forum (actually the Pre accessories forum) that they are currently working an a back for the 2600 that is touchstone compatible.

Amzer just said that the current back is not touchstone compatible. I haven't heard anything about them mentioning that they are working on a touchstone compatible back.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast