Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Why cant we forward a SMS message , and the time stamps dont appear to always come in with each message .
    I too am annoyed with these missing simple features!
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I was a bit shocked it couldn't but i'm sure it's coming very soon so i'm not to worried about it
    I never thought I'd miss text forwarding - I NEVER forward those ridiculous chain messages... but there are a few times at work... that a co-worker sends a text that I need to get out to others... and forwarding ability would really be nice. I'm sure it's coming soon.
    ^^^ right im sure its coming soon
    But no way can i fathom how the bright people that put together the OS didnt think about putting in the simple features you would find on just about ANY phone that sends text messages.

No forwarding
    No mailboxes (in,out,draft,saved,etc)
    And who's bright idea was it to not put a simple timestamp on every message? Ive never seen a phone that didnt stamp each message (i know u can root your phone to have it show but it should be standard!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    ^^^ right im sure its coming soon
    But no way can i fathom how the bright people that put together the OS didnt think about putting in the simple features you would find on just about ANY phone that sends text messages.

No forwarding
    No mailboxes (in,out,draft,saved,etc)
    And who's bright idea was it to not put a simple timestamp on every message? Ive never seen a phone that didnt stamp each message (i know u can root your phone to have it show but it should be standard!!)
    Lol. My gf hates that there is no deleted items folder that she can monitor.
    really tho, the phone is pretty magnificent to me, but the messaging application is SO SIMPLISTIC its ridicoulous
    ANd here i thought just me sending and reading texts was all i needed from my SMS app haha.

I think i'm what they call a casual texter.
    I never use txt forwarding, but i added it in my pre (its rooted) just incase i did. It kind of gets annoying, most the time when i finish a txt i put it in my pocket, and when i do that, sometimes it will touch the screen and the Forward Message thing pops up.

But all in all, im glad i have it. Never can be too sure!
    The time stamp thing bothers me sometimes. I saw a post on youtube that showed a guy forwarding texts on his rooted pre.
    Both forwarding and time stamping has been enabled by patching. Time stamp code is already in the phone and just needs to be altered to remove the conditional statements that exclude it for most messages based on two conditions. One if it was received after X minutes from the time it was sent or was received longer than a day or two ago (I don't recall the exact code condition). Message forwarding wasn't there but was quick to be added by patching, there's been a patch for it for some time now.

Here is the info for making the alterations to the messaging app for the time stamps which also includes are more customized method if you want to get fancy.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...eived_Messages

Here is the info for making the alterations for message forwarding

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...rward_Messages
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    any idea on when we'll be able to do this with out rooting??
    Message forwarding, time stamp, mailboxes for sure. The feature I miss most from my 755p is QUICK TEXT. After 2 months I am still astounded that it's not there. Would root my Pre if I saw something to add that.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    There is a homebrew application called Auto Correct Edit. You can modify the autocorrect database and add simple txt strings for your quick texts. Like "owh" is "I'm on my way home" on my phone. Here is the link to the app:

http://http://forums.precentral.net/...ne-access.html
    Palm Pilot -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> iPhone 4s (Sprint)
    I am surprised there is not a simple way to mass testing. I don't want to have to add twenty contacts every time I want to text my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by stfd1249 View Post
    any idea on when we'll be able to do this with out rooting??
    I think one of the homebrew app installed will be or has added the ability to patch so that accessing linux on the pre and typing stuff at the command line won't be needed. If I recall correctly adding this functionality officially is on the todo list stated to be coming soon. Dunno if it will be in the next update but ya never know. They seem to be putting out updates regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenRD View Post
    I am surprised there is not a simple way to mass testing. I don't want to have to add twenty contacts every time I want to text my friends.
    If I recall correctly the ability to group contacts will be coming soon. May not be in the next update but ya never know. I like the idea of grouping contacts but I end up mass messaging a different group every time.
    The ability to forward texts is something I must have taken for granted. I honestly never realized I did it very often until I got this phone. My gf's 2 year old blackberry can forward.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    look on the bright side...at least we didnt have to wait 2 years to get cut and paste. LMAO!!
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Would you be able to tell me which app in the homebrew has this on the "TO DO" list please?? By the way, Thanks!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Does it look like this will be in the next update?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast