Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I love the ability to voice dial from my BT headset, when my phone is on the charger in the other room, or in my pocket... I remember when I had an Upstage (god I hated that phone) I used to do that all time.
    Obviously not a dealbreaker for me, but I miss the ability to voice dial on my bike like I could with my BB. I can voice answer a call with my BT, but can't dial out.
    Get back on topic please.

Enough of this 'fanboi' 'troll' back and forth.
    Just call me Berd.
    oops

Looks like you got back on topic hours ago.

I really would like to see this 'fanboi vs troll' back and forth to quit littering up thread after thread.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Anyone used the Blueant Q1 for voice dialing? I really would like the feature but until it arrives on the Pre, the Blueant seems like a good stopgap measure. The only voice dialing I've used was on a BB and it worked very well. If the Q1 works that well, I'd buy it.
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Voice dialing and Voice recording are much needed features on Pre.

Looks like the new APPLE gang won over the old PALM folks and yanked these two.
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    may be we will get these two in the next update.
    I feel for you. I miss Voice Dialing as well, I was kind of Shocked that Palm didn't put it in. They seem to have missed a bunch of like common sense marks on this phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Voice dialing and Voice recording are much needed features on Pre.

Looks like the new APPLE gang won over the old PALM folks and yanked these two.
    I don't think it happened quite that way. I don't believe that voice dialing was an included feature of the Treos. Never had a WM Treo, so maybe they were there, but with my PalmOS systems I had two choices
    1. Use Sprint's addon service (not Palm specific, but worked with other phones, and was very kludgey)
    2. Buy an add on application.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I don't think it happened quite that way. I don't believe that voice dialing was an included feature of the Treos. Never had a WM Treo, so maybe they were there, but with my PalmOS systems I had two choices
    1. Use Sprint's addon service (not Palm specific, but worked with other phones, and was very kludgey)
    2. Buy an add on application.
    WM Treos had it. And it works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    WM Treos had it. And it works great.
    Windows mobile had a few options for voice dialing. The ones I cooked in my roms were decent. So far the best voice dialing experience I've had so far has been my Sanyo M1.
    Using Microsoft voice command as your voice activation on the Pre would be great. It worked like a charm on the Treo Pro.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123