Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Hey you're the one who jumped on me, I was trying to be as nice in pointing out the misread of the post you quoted. Nothing more than that.

WHoa. I didn't intend, nor do I think I did "jump" on you. Now, the other guy, oddlou was more derisive and deserved what I said to him.

If you feel I jumped on you, my apologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    WHoa. I didn't intend, nor do I think I did "jump" on you. Now, the other guy, oddlou was more derisive and deserved what I said to him.

No problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    How is that feature such a big deal that you won't get the phone? It's not even an issue its just lack of a single feature. The entire phone is amazing but one lacking feature would cause you to not get the phone, register to a forum with a stupid name and troll it. What does that accomplish?

REALLY?
    Rude! Like so many others here.

It's illegal to text message in 14 states and most of those laws including e-mailing, surfing the web, playing games... and yes... DIALING numbers on a mobile device.

Voice dialing is essential and there's absolutely no reason for the Pre not to have it.

Voice dialing is so awesome with a bluetooth headset.

Dialing a phone number is dangerous while driving if you're using the keyboard and ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE USING THE TOUCHSCREEN which provides zero tactile feedback.

A lot of new (non-gadget freeks, non-early adopters) are coming to this forum for advice and information from those of us who bought the device on day one.

You're a troll for being mean. Stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by needvoiceDial View Post
    I'm looking forward to buying a Pre. But simply can't until voice dialing is available. For me and lots of others (maybe not you in particular), voice dialing is a MUST HAVE! Its a go/no go feature.

I stop into this site every other day or so hoping this feature will show up in an update. Wow, I want one. But voice dialing is so integral to how I use my phone that I can't live without it.

When is Palm or some third party going to add this feature? Why doesn't Palm or one of the developer companies make any announcements on what they are working on or what is still coming for this phone?

Also: For those of you who don't care about voice dialing, please don't flame those who consider it vital!

Palm: Please add voice dial or open up the OS enough so a third party can add this feature.
    I don't think you'll get flamed for this post. You're doing the right thing, waiting for it to have the features you need.

I would like a good reliable voice dialer. Most of those that I tried with my Treo didn't work very well, but I did finally find one. I don't remember the name, but it cost about $30. It was a hassle, because every time I changed the phone, I had to email them for a new security key. But it worked on my bike with my intercom headsets, and made the Treo useable on my GoldWing. Still waiting for that on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    How is that feature such a big deal that you won't get the phone? It's not even an issue its just lack of a single feature. The entire phone is amazing but one lacking feature would cause you to not get the phone, register to a forum with a stupid name and troll it. What does that accomplish?

REALLY?
    Actually, unlike the trolls, he simply stated what he's looking for. It's not unreasonable, and he didn't trash the Pre. He didn't even say it was a "fail" for not having it... I don't quite understand the issue, unless you're being sarcastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Go back and read the post. He's waiting for the feature. You do seem to look for things to growl "fanboi" about...
    go back EIGHT posts and get a clue that I already am aware of this! Funny how you fell into the pot/kettle/black routine. It's ok. Go make a call on your Pre and all will be right with the world again.

Hmm...it appears you deleted your post...

Nah, the "go make some calls on your Pre's" (sic) was just more of your abundant friedliness to those that like a device different than yours...
    go back EIGHT posts and get a clue that I already am aware of this! Funny how you fell into the pot/kettle/black routine. It's ok. Go make a call on your Pre and all will be right with the world again.

Hmm...it appears you deleted your post...
    Yep. I answer them as I see them. Then I saw two responses pointing it out, and how defensive you got about it, so I figured no point in piling on, and delted it...

Silly me. (you were saying something about pushing kiddie' buttons??)
    Nah, the "go make some calls on your Pre's" (sic) was just more of your abundant friedliness to those that like a device different than yours...
    My phone is a simple LG8300 so I've no phone to feel all tingly about. When you fanbois can't stand the fact not everyone subscribes to your opinion on phones, I think the wise thing to do is spend time with the object of your affections.
    Yep. I answer them as I see them. Then I saw two responses pointing it out, and how defensive you got about it, so I figured no point in piling on, and delted it...

Silly me. (you were saying something about pushing kiddie' buttons??)
    Hey, were all in the same sandbox, if we are posting here!

Lol, you crazy old coot. I wasn't being derisive. I said you lost yourself, because you did. You were being kind of jerky with donatom3 because YOU had a hard time following the conversation. As for my deserving what you said to me, maybe you're right. But don't worry, I don't take offense to wry remarks on the internets.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Lol, you crazy old coot. I wasn't being derisive. I said you lost yourself, because you did. You were being kind of jerky with donatom3 because YOU had a hard time following the conversation. As for my deserving what you said to me, maybe you're right. But don't worry, I don't take offense to wry remarks on the internets.
    I just let it go. I got more important things to worry about in life. In the end I was more upset about the guy who called the OP a troll.
    meow
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    I just let it go. I got more important things to worry about in life. In the end I was more upset about the guy who called the OP a troll.
    I don't blame you. I think "troll" is used too liberally when one doesn't agree with a poster, especially if the poster's comments don't mirror the majority opinion.
    My phone is a simple LG8300 so I've no phone to feel all tingly about. When you fanbois can't stand the fact not everyone subscribes to your opinion on phones, I think the wise thing to do is spend time with the object of your affections.
    But... you're not following your own advice. Why don't you go make some calls on your LG8300. At least the forum we're posting on is about our phone...
    Hey, were all in the same sandbox, if we are posting here!
    Nah, I come here to help, and to get help, and to chime in when I see the "wish I could be part of the party" folks get carried away.
    Nah, I come here to help, and to get help, and to chime in when I see the "wish I could be part of the party" folks get carried away.
    OK, you are officially not in the sandbox.
    But... you're not following your own advice. Why don't you go make some calls on your LG8300. At least the forum we're posting on is about our phone...

ah, because I'm not a fanboi of my LG. IT'S JUST A PHONE. You still don't see the distinction between myself and the posse of Pre-lovers??? It should be abundantly clear by now that I'm not a phone hobbyist. That doesn't mean I'm not keeping up with the latest tech to see what I'll buy next. I won't take any smart phone to bed with me and place it on a satin pillow as I'm sure the Pre-boys do.
    ah, because I'm not a fanboi of my LG. IT'S JUST A PHONE. You still don't see the distinction between myself and the posse of Pre-lovers??? It should be abundantly clear by now that I'm not a phone hobbyist. That doesn't mean I'm not keeping up with the latest tech to see what I'll buy next. I won't take any smart phone to bed with me and place it on a satin pillow as I'm sure the Pre-boys do.
    Excellent! So, to keep up on "the latest tech", you turn to ... ahem... the "fanbois".

I've seen that type of jealousy in people in the tech world, where they have to depend on others that obviously understand more about the devices they use. Frequently, the poor folks that just can't keep up take to the name calling stuff, but the "geeks" just keep geekin' along.

Found that "kiddie button" yet? I keep telling you guy, get a mirror (hey, there's a semi-usable one on the Pre...)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast