Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    So I had to call 911 and had a very frustrating and scary experience with the Pre.

The dispatcher picks up and asks "are you in *city*? I respond yes, and she transfers me to the local emergency dispatcher.

She picks up and we speak for about 15 seconds, and then I hear a beep from the Pre, and the call is dropped.

After repeating this 3 times a squad car found us and I gave up calling back.

This is not an issue I think we should test for obvious reasons, so I hopePalm can find and resolve this issue.
    Must be isolated as I had to dial 911 after seeing a car catchfire in a parkinglot. Spoke with the operator for like 10mins until I could see the firetrucks.

How was your signal?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I'm glad to hear it didn't happen to you. My signal was great. I'm wondering if your call was transferred.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    It seems to be that if the problem was caused by transferring then the problem would be with the 911 system not the phone.

I'm not trying to make excuses and really with 911 I wouldn't play a blame game. That's a system you NEED to work 100% no questions asked. It just seems odd to me that the phone would be the problem.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Well, if emergency mode is for 911 only, and the call is transered to the police's local number (714 555 1234) maybe it thinks there's an exploit and drops the call. That fits with the behavior I saw.
    The phone though would have no way to know that the call has been transferred.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I talked with 911 dispatch once about two cars that were racing each other through a city in Georgia, and through a gas station where he almost hit me. My call worked fine the whole time.