1.    #1  
    Was in a small meeting room last night. Six individuals, with only loose social ties among us. When it came time to schedule our next meeting, we all whipped out our phones. Out came 3 Pres. So, based on my very limited sample size, I'm estimating Pre market share to be 50%!!!

2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    nada, nunca, nope , not yet, not so soon,

Pre has a long way to go in terms of no of units sold and commoners knowing about it
    My wife and I work at the same company. Actually 1 floor apart. We have triggered 4 Pre purchases.
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Interesting thing is , I know some tech savvy folks ( not teenagers ) who keep lock on the greatest and latest, only a small percent ( 5 out of 10) had heard Pre.
    That was shocking. But all of them can talk for an hour about the iPhone SDK.

Sprint and PALM need to pit this baby against iPhone or BB in their commercials.
    Sprint got burned with Instinct so , they are in once bitten twice shy mode , PALM should step up , but they don't have money.

Roger McNamee was right , Pre eats iPhone for breakfast.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    My wife and I work at the same company. Actually 1 floor apart. We have triggered 4 Pre purchases.
    Wow that was impressive,

Guess what I tried to get at least 10 people buy Pre , none bought it.

But three folks with whom I had a casual talk bought it ( to my surprise).

The key is these three checked iPhone and Pre in the respective stores.

Once they saw the clutter free screen and swipes , its Pre :-)
    I read an interesting comment on a electronics website the other day (boygenius).

He put it pretty simply: "Money talks". If the Pre were flying off the shelves in huge numbers, i think we'd be here about those numbers (bragging rights).

This isn't to say the Pre is underperforming, but that it isn't a homerun (yet)
    Was this a tri-annual meeting of the Pentaverate at a secret country mansion known as "The Meadows?"
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    When I took my new position in the ITC department at my company (transfer) they asked me what phone I wanted as my on-call phone. I mentioned that I'd really like to wait for the Palm Pre to come out (this was in late May) which caused the purchasing manager to look at the phone, decide it was pretty cool, and ordered 6 of them for other people as replacement phones.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    This is true. Everyone I've showed the phone to has either got one or is waiting for their contract to end to get one. Even had one girl cancel her contract with another carrier just to get one after seeing mine. Great phone. Speaks for itself.

So get out there and show this thing off! The more sold, the more successful the phone!
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
    This is true. Everyone I've showed the phone to has either got one or is waiting for their contract to end to get one. Even had one girl cancel her contract with another carrier just to get one after seeing mine. Great phone. Speaks for itself.

So get out there and show this thing off! The more sold, the more successful the phone!
    I am not sure I would agree with you, folks I showed said its great , but weren't ready to switch to sprint or upgrade (existing customers). Which was not the case with iPhone. Folks just paid whatever to get their hands on iPhone. A friend of mine who is a longtime sprint customer (close to 8 years) jumped the ship and brought iPhone. But he kept his sprint service for family use ( its cheap).
    He was interested in Pre. When I finally showed him he was like , this looks good, but its not an iPhone. I didn't know what to say to him.

He knows SPRINT is cheap and that SPRINT gives better coverage.

He knew that if he ditched that iPhone and upgraded the existing sprint plan, he would save money.
    Yet his blind iPhone love is keeping him with ATT.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    A friend of mine who is a longtime sprint customer (close to 8 years) jumped the ship and brought iPhone. But he kept his sprint service for family use ( its cheap).
    He was interested in Pre. When I finally showed him he was like , this looks good, but its not an iPhone. I didn't know what to say to him.
    You say not it is not, it IS BETTER!!!! ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    After I got one a few weeks ago, now my wife is getting one, and so is my eldest kid. So, with five total family members, I'd estimate Pre market share at 60%.

Tom
    (It'd be 80%, but my daughter will only accept a pink phone. And the youngest is too young for a cell phone, though not if you ask him.)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    After I got one a few weeks ago, now my wife is getting one, and so is my eldest kid. So, with five total family members, I'd estimate Pre market share at 60%.

Tom
    (It'd be 80%, but my daughter will only accept a pink phone. And the youngest is too young for a cell phone, though not if you ask him.)
    Solution to your daughter's problem.

Custom Palm Pre Skin - – Custom Vinyl Skins – Unique Skins