Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since I got my Pre I've relied on my alarm to wake me up in the morning and start my day. Well last week I woke up about 45 minutes late for work... then a couple days later I noticed my alarm just stopped going off all together, so I reset it... and it STILL does not go off!! I ended up turning on my old blackberry Curve and using that to wake me up in the morning!!

Is anyone else having simalar issues with their alarm?

1. Changed the alarm notification tone
    2. Changed the time
    3. Deleted and re-added the alarm
    4. Made sure that the phone was not in silent mode, even though that shouldn't matter.
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

I had the same problem.. Was the deal breaker for me.
    YES! same problem. i gave up using it as an alarm. Delete/readd for 5 minutes later. Time passes and .... NOTHING! Repeated 4 times. Finally on the fourth try it actually worked.

Not reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by i700plus View Post
    Since I got my Pre I've relied on my alarm to wake me up in the morning and start my day. Well last week I woke up about 45 minutes late for work... then a couple days later I noticed my alarm just stopped going off all together, so I reset it... and it STILL does not go off!! I ended up turning on my old blackberry Curve and using that to wake me up in the morning!!

Is anyone else having simalar issues with their alarm?

1. Changed the alarm notification tone
    2. Changed the time
    3. Deleted and re-added the alarm
    4. Made sure that the phone was not in silent mode, even though that shouldn't matter.
    I have not had this issue yet. I would try to do a partial erase first and then see if it works. Then I would try a full erase and see if you still have a problem. If either of those don't work, I would call Sprint or Palm technical support and have them troubleshoot it. You have the Palm support free for 90 days after purchase.
    I use my every morning and it works, this does scare me. ARGH... I'm going to have to use my ipod touch as an alarm for backup!
    Since 1.0.4 update the clock app's alarms have worked 100% reliably for me.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I have not had this issue yet. I would try to do a partial erase first and then see if it works. Then I would try a full erase and see if you still have a problem. If either of those don't work, I would call Sprint or Palm technical support and have them troubleshoot it. You have the Palm support free for 90 days after purchase.
    I'm not going to do a partial erase or a full erase just because the alarm isn't working, I'll just keep using my Blackberry LOL
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Yep my alarm doesn't go off either. Thought it was only me.
    Same problem. Unreliable alarm caused me to be late. I'm also using my old blackberry as an alarm clock now. Annoying.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Since 1.0.4 update the clock app's alarms have worked 100% reliably for me.
    mine as well, regardless of notications that come in. My alarm does not stop going off until I dismiss it.

When the phone first launched the alarm was very unreliable.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I have used my Pre for an alarm every morning and have had no problems with it. When I first got my Pre I needed to make my tones louder because they were too soft, even the ringer, but after that it has been great. Recently I had to take off the Where program because it seems that since I installed it my phone would do a reset and after the update more frequently. So maybe there is something conflicting on your phone, an app perhaps?
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Make sure you have the week day or weekend day option correct. Also system sound needs to be loud.
    Mine works flawlessly every morning.

Do you have your settings correct? tyea may be on to something.
    mine has worked every time until today. yesterday i left the phone in the other room so the alarm was going off but i didnt stop it. so it just sat there going off for like an hour.. finally i got up and dismissed it. Today, the alarm didnt go off at all (for the first time). I went into my alarm settings and it said both of my alarms are turned on, which is weird because 1 is set to my normal time on "weekdays", and 1 is set to 4am "1 time" and I turned it off last weekend.. magically came back on but didnt really come back on?... eh?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Never really used the alarm until today.

It did not ring at the time it was supposed to ring.

later when I when I was in the shower, it starts going off - not at the designated time.

Then, I couldn't shut the alarm off. It kept ringing. I dismissed the alarm in the alarm app. That didn't work. Then I shut down the alarm app. that didn't work. I closed out all other apps. That didn't work. I had to shut my phone down and restart to silence the alarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by i700plus View Post
    I'm not going to do a partial erase or a full erase just because the alarm isn't working, I'll just keep using my Blackberry LOL
    Well it sounds like you have quite a few customizations if you are hesitant to do an erase. I suspect those customizations are interfering with how the alarm is operating.
    I thought I had an issue with the alarm, then I realized I had the silent switch on.
    Yeah make sure silent isn't on.

Mine works flawlessly.

But you guys have now made me nervous. I hope you can live with yourselves :P
    Never had a problem with mine since launch day. One alarm for weekdays and one for weekends. I set a custom one every now and then. Haven't missed any really. Oh well.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Have not had this problem but there is an alarm bug in 1.1.0. If you set the daily alarm after midnight, it will not take affect until the following day.

ex: it's 155am on a Tuesday. Now you set the daily alarm for 7am. The alarm is not taking affect until 7am, Wednesday.

This bug has been reported to Palm and they have logged it into their SW database.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast